Paypal won't reopen case

CY078
Contributor
Contributor

Hi All

I'm fuming atm because paypal will not re-open a case due to "technicalities"

Background

- Purchased item on 14th Nov 20

- Long story short .. Item was defective and I resent back to seller 14th Dec 20

- I opened a case on the same day for a refund

- I was unaware that I had to escalate the case. TBH I didn't even know that there are steps to do so because each time I require a refund it is usually simple. I left this note on their system as my intention to escalate the case. However the case was still closed.

CY078_0-1620096641559.png

- The item was shipped back to the sender where it sat in the distribution centre (Italy) unclaimed for 2 months.

- The item was then shipped back to me.

Situation

- I spoke to a manager Kate (Emp ID 46860) .. who has now confirmed that Paypal cannot (will not) do anything and advised me to contact my CC provider.

- Paypal are saying that because I did not "escalate" the case through their "processes" that nothing can be done. Thus my "technicality" of the situation.

Questions

- Do I have a leg to stand on ?

- Is there any way to get around this ?

TIA

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

CY078
Contributor
Contributor

Anyone have any kind of insight ?

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@CY078 

You are sent an email when you open a dispute stating to escalate before xxx date, that is also on the resolution centre when you open a dispute.

If you do not escalate within 20 days it times out and closes.

You can only open x1 dispute per transaction unfortunately.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.