Paypal sided with the scammers!!!! HELP!

McKen1922
Contributor
Contributor

So last week a posted a parcel to someone who wanted to purchase my iPad, he paid through paypal, you know because it’s secure and safe (for both parties.) However the tracking information I gave wasn’t sufficient enough and no one is on the phones to speak to. 

I have all the proof of conversation, the proof of the payment being sent from the person and them confirming, the address was given to me by the person via WhatsApp which I sent it to and I even have photos of the shipment being booked from my side for the customer. DHL tracking says it was delivered. BUT because the paypal address is different to the address the scammer gave me, none of that matters and I am now down £715 and to add further insult to injury Paypal have decided to take £21 from MY ACCOUNT so not only am I missing an iPad and £715, They expect me to pay £21 back into my account. 

I bet they would call me to try and make the negative balance up wouldn’t they?

Absolute joke! Please someone help. I need this resolved. With Covid-19 I’m classed as a High Risk and for 12 week (11 now) I can’t leave my house or work. This money was supposed to support me for 3 months!!!!

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

millieagz
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee
Hi McKen1922, Thank you for reaching out to the PayPal Community Forum! To submit an appeal on the dispute that was closed, PayPal asks that you obtain a detailed report from the shipper (on their letterhead or some other form of official stationary) that includes the address the buyer gave them for the shipment or that includes a statement mentioning the address and saying the item was delivered to a different address. When you have that, contact PayPal via phone (log on to your account and click Contact at the bottom of the page), via Facebook (send a Private Message to PayPal) or via Twitter (send a Direct Message to @AskPayPal) and say you want to appeal the denial of the dispute based on the shipper saying the item was delivered to a different address. Once it's submitted (you will be provided with directions on how to do that), the dispute will be reviewed further and a determination will be made. HOWEVER due to the virus you may need to go to the message centre and email that info or use their live chat option. I hope this helps. Stay safe.
Login to Me Too

McKen1922
Contributor
Contributor
I've sent the all the proof over and STILL! PayPal are siding with the scammers. But what I've learnt is that I can easily scam other people. All I have to do is set up a fake Facebook, buy a product from someone, get the person to send it to an alternative address and then claim I never received it. It's ingenious way to be in the scammers favour and PayPal and their 'policy' are letting it happen day in and day out. At no point in my years of using PayPal has it ever been stressed to me that it must be sent to the address of the person on their account. And I had a business for 5 years and sent items to alternative address all the time. This platform is a scammers dream and I for one am absolutely disgusted by paypal. I will be reporting then to financial ombudsman and also taking legal action
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.