Paypal* <removed> LU

lemon-coffee
New Community Member

I believe I am not the first one have this issues. An unrecogonized transaction £194.49 has been taken from my bank account with the description "Paypal Chinateleco LU". When I contacted the customer serivce, the staff sounds knows this situation very well. But when I asked why so many people have his issue, she answered: "I have no idea. We have to trace and check." Repeat over and over again! 

I registed my paypal in 2011 and have never used it for shopping, and not even login to my account for ages. I cannot remember my password, and have to change a new one today to longin and check my transaction history. However the customer service lady said I modified my paypal account on 1st June which was exactly the date of the strange transaction! 

Furthermore, I used my Natwest bank to register, but the trasaction was taken from my Santandar account! How can Paypal get my Santandar details, as I did not add or modify my profile? Even if someone stole my card which is still in my walt safely, how can he get into my paypal account so easily, and modify my information? And when I logon to my account, all details are still the same? This is very unormal, and I need a expaination! How can paypal make this happen so many times on your customer? How can I trust you again? 

Dear paypal staffs, please do not say you are not ware of this situation happens again and again! Search "<removed>" and you will find how long the result list will be! 

Login to Me Too
76 REPLIES 76

nojoy
Contributor
Contributor

I have had money taken from my account in paypal who refuse to refund the un authorised transaction but now they are taking payments from my credit card direct i am sure paypal has been compromised and not telling anyone its just my opinion as they keep telling me i authorised the payments when i have not.

Login to Me Too

luciefaye
Yes!! This is it! The payments match up - thank you for posting about this, you’ve just saved me a very long day of tedious calls!!
Login to Me Too

avhmoab
New Community Member

This is just an informational post to maybe help explain some of the charges others have gotten - this is only address ing SMALL charges - if you have a large charge over $1.00 from some foreign company, then it may be fraudulent.

I will often get things like ISA FEE <removed> GB on my statement for any card I use if I've purchased something overseas or have a monthly subscription to foreign companies.  This is typically a TRANSACTION FEE for an international transaction that your card company imposes.

Some examples:

The ISA FEE <removed> GB - that's ISA (number) then GB (Great Britian) - $-0.40 was a fee I was chargd 

Skype for instance, the charge initiates in Luxembourg - I get an extra fee for that on top of the $9.99

Pocketsmith (which is a great, great website btw - I highly recommend it) - they're based in New Zealand so I get a $0.50 charge on top of my $9.99 monthly subscription - this again is something imposed by your card issuer for international transactions.

Hope this helps.

Login to Me Too

fergie1
New Community Member

Thank you Lucy, your solution was easy to follow.

Just so other Paypal users know, if your change your credit card details and dont "confirm", a payment of £1.00 will de deducted for each unconfirmed card.  However, once the cards have been "confirmed' the charge/s are returned to your credit card account.

Login to Me Too

aaronsmith9

PayPal_Conor

Hi aaronsmith9,

Welcome to our Community 🙂

Is there something we can do to help you with your account?

Are you seeing a payment that you don't recognise?

Why don't you give me a little more information about what's happening and we'll take it from there,

Conor

Login to Me Too

tytusdezoo
New Community Member

Hi,

I had money taken from my bank account (235.28 GBP), which does not appear in Pay Pal account. The reference number of the transaction is PAYPAL *CI LTD <removed> GB. I don't know what this transaction is and how should I handle it? Should I go to the bank or to Paypal?

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Sophie

Hi tytusdezoo,

Thanks for posting on the Community Forum and sorry to hear about this.

In a situation like this, we would generally advise contacting your bank for more information about the transaction in question. If you are still unsure about what the payment relates to, I'd advise getting in touch with us directly by phone so we can look into the payment for you. You can find our contact details by clicking the 'Contact' option at the bottom of any page when logged in.

Thanks for understanding

Sophie

Login to Me Too

laimix
Contributor
Contributor

Bassicaly i got refunded 60$ and sent 10 $ and that money isint in paypal wallet or credit card so help and fast cause the sale i need is about to end xd

Login to Me Too

Macifra13l
Contributor
Contributor
30 pcs. Random squishy soft panda
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.