Paypal has zero seller protection

Zilola
Contributor
Contributor
I want to open dispute against Paypal. They closed dispute against me which was opened by buyer before the due date. I was gonna send the personal email from buyer where she confirmed her purchase. A month now I still didn’t get my money back. I am tired of contacting Paypal and the buyer everytime. Paypal has zero seller protection. It was authorized purchase with signature. Plus they charged me $20 for this. Shame on you Paypal. No seller protection at all. I want the money that belongs to me $275.
Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Zilola 

If you were charged $20 then it was not a paypal dispute but a chargeback.

The buyer went directly to their card issuer as they obviously funded their paypal payment that way and issued a chargeback.

The card issuer makes all the decisions and all paypal can do is pass on information on your behalf.

If the card issuer finds in favour of their client then they get a refund and you get charged the card issuers processing fee of $20.

Normally paypal would reimburse that under seller protection but as you were not reimbursed then you could not have met all the requirements of seller protection, so your best bet is to go read up on it to see where you missed out? 

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Zilola
Contributor
Contributor

@kernowlass  Hey, if you are so smart what can you suggest me to do in this case. the seller opened dispute through her bank, because she forgot that she had purchased item from me face to fave, she signed, she got her receipt. a month later I see this dispute. I personally contacted that person about it. She confirmed and said she is gonna ask bank to pay back. But still nothing.  was gonna send this email as a prove document to paypal. But they closed the dispute before the due date. What the <removed> they have right to do it?! And take money from me. Hey you smart @kernowlass  what will you do if you were in this situation. I am no asking you about $20. Read all my texts before answering

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.