Paypal Resolution Center is the Scam

cpulivel
Contributor
Contributor

I purchased refurbished tools from a seller and paid using PayPal.

Being that the sellers email seemed fake (with a club extension instead of the normal com) I contacted PayPal immediately and was told to contact the seller. My email was returned as undeliverable because the email address was invalid. So I raised a dispute and Paypal sent me an email stating that they are working with the seller. Subsequently, a tracking number was added, but the number was fake as well. 

Yesterday, USPS dropped off a 1 oz package containing a sheet of stickers and the seller updated the tracking number of the package that was delivered to me. PayPal denied my dispute stating that the package was delivered. I sent pictures of the package, the stickers, etc, but PayPal would automatically mark any addition to the dispute as closed.

Apparently, PayPal does not care that its platform is used in this scam. I don't care about the money I lost. I don't want others to be scammed by this seller.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@cpulivel 

PayPal's system is automated and it just checks tracking/city, state, zip, county, nothing extensive. Besides it might be the only info that its allowed to check at the courier site. Sometimes you need to call in and get a someone to review case, report abuse of seller protection and for them to correct the error but due to virus situation reducing staff response will take longer.

These scammers know the seller protection terms really well and adapted it to their advantage, head on.

Go to USPS, get the documentation of the fraud and file dispute through your card issuer as Item Not Received.

When you file a PayPal dispute, there is a way to give feedback on the dispute system as you pick the type of case you're filing located at the bottom. Give em an earful.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@cpulivel 

PayPal's system is automated and it just checks tracking/city, state, zip, county, nothing extensive. Besides it might be the only info that its allowed to check at the courier site. Sometimes you need to call in and get a someone to review case, report abuse of seller protection and for them to correct the error but due to virus situation reducing staff response will take longer.

These scammers know the seller protection terms really well and adapted it to their advantage, head on.

Go to USPS, get the documentation of the fraud and file dispute through your card issuer as Item Not Received.

When you file a PayPal dispute, there is a way to give feedback on the dispute system as you pick the type of case you're filing located at the bottom. Give em an earful.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

ju581
Contributor
Contributor
I sent for a multi tool in june it still hasnt arrived.i reported it on resolution but they keep changing the date for it to be solved. when I send a message to the seller I get an email saying error not sent
Login to Me Too

Anthonyp-60
New Community Member
I order a cricut machine and heat press , but I never got it. I contact PayPal about the situation and they told me that they would continue the seller. They gave me a date when the seller would reply to the email, and then let me know if the case would be closed. They email me and said that the package was delivered. I never got a package plus why would I be trying to get something I already received. I know there are dishonest people out there, but I'm not one of them. If I pay for something I want to receive it ... I'm not a lair I just want what I paid for.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.