Paypal Customer service is closed.

1porang
Contributor
Contributor

Bought a Printer from a scam site called <Removed>. They cancelled my order but refuse to issue my refund 0f $500. I sent Paypal all documentation but Paypal has denied the case and no way to talk to anyone. When I call customer service they say they are closed. If they are closed then they shouldn't process payments. 

Login to Me Too
6 REPLIES 6

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@1porang 

Let me guess, you filed Unauthorized transaction and no one broke into your PayPal account to make this transaction or Item Not Received and the seller provided tracking number/proof of delivery?

I did a web search for creality3d and .shop scam site popped up as top search result and Ad above the official manufacturer's site, official shop and Amazon. Must've paid Google Ads a lot of money. If buying name brand, go to official brand site or other reputable, world class retailers.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

1porang
Contributor
Contributor

No. I actually filed a refund not recieved since that is the case. I provided Paypal with proof from seller stating they don't have the product and stating they will refund my money 3-7 days from the 10th which makes the refund a week late as of today. I also did the research once this problem arose and found that <Removed>is a knock off website making it look like they are the manufacturer. I have been a Paypal member for 20 years now and this is the first time I need to exercise buyer protection but no dice! I thought the whole purpose of using Paypal is the buyer protection they offer.

Login to Me Too

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@1porang 

Why did PayPal deny the case? Did they state the reason? Any word about tracking number/proof of delivery being provided by seller?

"I also did the research once this problem arose and found that crealityt3d.shop is a knock off website making it look like they are the manufacturer."

Yes, scam site got the top search result (first result you see) over the official manufacturer and their web shop just under it AND amazon. Means scammers bought ads to be listed first and had their items listed in Google Shopping. Shame.

Even the manufacturer has to name their web shop "crealityt3dofficial", which is very telling already.

Login to Me Too

1porang
Contributor
Contributor

Paypal is giving a blanket response, saying the reason for denial is that the claim doesn't meet refund criteria! They are not mentioning delivery or tracking because they know a product is not coming. I don't know how they can deny this. It's a basic no product no refund response from the seller. It seems they are not looking at the proof from the seller confirming cancellation and committing to a refund by the 17th. I have submitted emails I received from <Removed> to me stating all that. Very bad reviews for this seller on <Removed> and <Removed>. It seems like a common practice for them to treat buyers this way yet Paypal still servicing them! In the meanwhile I provided the proof again to Paypal and appealed the denial. The worst part is there is none to talk with at Paypal telephone customer service. I am very interested in a better explanation for the denial.

Login to Me Too

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@1porang 

"Paypal is giving a blanket response, saying the reason for denial is that the claim doesn't meet refund criteria! They are not mentioning delivery or tracking because they know a product is not coming. I don't know how they can deny this. It's a basic no product no refund response from the seller."

I agree. If there is no tracking number/proof of delivery from the seller on an Item Not Received claim, then you should get your money back, end of. This should really be a cut and dry case. Personally, I wouldn't have said anything in the dispute other than, did not receive goods, and not cloud it up with other irrelevant details like seller saying they didn't have item. I mean, who cares at that point why you weren't shipped your goods. You just didn't receive your item, bottomline, then the seller is responsible for providing proof of delivery. Strange decision indeed nevertheless. Sorry this happened to you.

I don't think they will take into account of emails, screenshots and photos because the first decision is made by automated, machine learning/software so errors are made, attachments can be overlooked, no deeper investigation. You'll have to make an appeal with a human customer service agent to review the case again. From observation, sometimes that works, if they see they've clearly made an error, sometimes not, even after multiple appeals (go figure), depending on the circumstances of the case.

Due to the virus situation, customer service response is taking a while or automated response pushing you towards self-help paths. Did you pay with credit card? You may get better result with them. Since PayPal already closed your dispute, you can try disputing with your credit card and resolve it exclusively through them.

Login to Me Too

1porang
Contributor
Contributor

Makes sense that if it's a software response.I have Chatted with the messaging center people but they are directing me back to the dispute case. When I ask for a supervisor they ignore that request and say we will help you. I will post results of the appeal.  

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.