Paypal Case Resolution Taking a long time

Pen_And_Pencil
Contributor
Contributor

Last Month, I launched a dispute against an eBay seller who had scammed me by not sending me the electronic good. I escalated it to the point where the seller had to respond. The seller had to respond before/on 7 July, but it is 10 July as of typing this. I had a case before, and it was resolved the day after the seller didn't respond. Anybody can answer why cases are taking so long?

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

chisto
Contributor
Contributor

Interesting this is the global problem of PayPal or only for a limited number of countries.

https://www.paypal-community.com/t5/Disputes-and-Limitations/Seller-didn-t-respond-to-claim-after-16...

Login to Me Too

Vxxoo
Contributor
Contributor
It’s been 3 months since I opened a claim and pay pal keeps moving the resolve date back every 2 weeks now since June 2020. Pay pal seams to be on the side of the seller, giving them months to provide proof of delivery when the package never delivered. I provided proof that the package never delivered.....the seller hasn’t provided any proof so the claim should be closed and refunded.
Login to Me Too

Hoonter
New Community Member
I opened a case almost a month ago and they've also pushed the resolution date back despite the tracking evidence showing the package never even arrived at the carrier facility. Not sure what evidence they so desperately need to invalidate that tracking info but they keep extending the case and its frustrating.
Login to Me Too

maggie012
Contributor
Contributor
My.ase keeps getting moved back as I have to wait for returned goods to arrive in China. PayPal have proof of my postage and pictures of wrong goods sent. The person I spoken with even agreed it was a scam but I still have to wait. The seller knows he scammed me
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.