Paypal Account Limited for No Reason and Can't fix it

wyatttrujillo
New Community Member

MyAccount was permanently limited for no reason and I have no idea on why. I gave all info I needed to make it work and it just randomly sends me an email saying my account is limited. Does anyone have any idea on how to fix this? Seems to happen a lot to people. Also, this is a new bank account and it is not connected to any other paypal account.

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@wyatttrujillo 

Could be some misunderstanding or false positive by PayPal security.

Are you really based in the AU and using AU based account and financial information? Can't open a PayPal account from a country that PayPal DOES NOT provide services to under a country that PayPal DOES provide services to. And it is prohibited to use software to hide your location in order to do so.

There has to be something that triggered the flag on your account, although not saying it can't be a glitch either but something did. Due to the virus situation response from PayPal could take a while so you must be patient and keep trying to get a hold of them:

1. Log on.
  2. Click HELP at the top menu.
  3. Scroll down and click CONTACT US.
  4. Scroll down to click MESSAGE US or other contact options.

Or contact via social media:

Facebook (AU): https://www.facebook.com/paypalau/

Twitter (AU): @AskPayPalAU

Facebook (Worldwide): https://www.facebook.com/paypal

Twitter (US): @AskPayPal 

In the meantime, for purchases, use a debit or credit card directly. They also protect against unauthorized payments, not just PayPal.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

wyatttrujillo
New Community Member

@sharpiemarker None of those things work. I have tried all of them yet nothing has come of it. Can't even talk to a human when trying to reach them on facebook. It seems this is an issue for many people and its really unacceptable.

Login to Me Too

Lorlleen
New Community Member
Why ,when I open my PayPal account, said doenloading english language error, why
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.