PayPal details for J&Z Group are suspicious and supplier not responding

Anniejag
Contributor
Contributor

PayPal details for a company called J&Z Group are suspicious. I am trying to exercise my right to the 30 day money back guarantee for two SleepWellness pillows which claim to be orthopaedic and are not. J&Z is not replying to emails and I cannot follow the link to the website on PayPal because of the phishing warnings. Does anyone have any ideas what I can do please?

Login to Me Too
18 REPLIES 18

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Anniejag 

How do I open a dispute with a seller when a purchase goes wrong?

You can open a dispute in the Resolution Centre of your PayPal account within 180 days of payment if:
•You don’t receive the item
•You receive an item but it’s significantly different than the description on eBay or on the seller’s website

By opening a dispute, you can communicate directly with your seller to work out a problem transaction.

If you reach an agreement with the seller you can close the dispute. If you're still not happy with the result, you can escalate the dispute into a claim. We'll review the claim and decide on reimbursement.

These steps apply to Personal accounts. If you have a Business account, please log in to see the steps that apply to you.

To open a dispute:
1.Log in to your PayPal account.
2.Near the bottom of the page, under 'More about your account', click Resolve a problem in our Resolution Centre.
3.Click Dispute a Transaction.
4.Select the button beside the transaction you want to dispute, then click Continue.
5.Select ‘Item dispute’, click Continue and follow the on-screen instructions.

Note:
•Generally buyers must wait at least 7 days from the date of payment to escalate a dispute for an item not received
•Where an item has not been received, please ensure you have given the seller enough time before opening a dispute

https://www.paypal.com/webapps/mpp/first-dispute

DO NOT CLOSE THE DISPUTE UNTIL YOU HAVE A CLEARED REFUND OR YOUR ITEM WHATEVER THE SELLER SAYS. ALSO DON'T FORGET TO ESCALATE THE DISPUTE TO A CLAIM WITHIN 20 DAYS IF THE SELLER DOES NOT REFUND.

If that does not work then if you funded your paypal payment via a card then contact your card issuer and see if they will do a chargeback for you.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Sandradaw
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, I purchased footwear from this co which was totally not fit for purpose. Co refused point blank to refund me and PayPal declined to progress my request for chargeback. Would like to say think PayPal made wrong decision as the footwear was not suitable for purpose for which it was promoted.  Totally disappointed with PayPal too. This Co is based in Bangledesh and their products sold through 3rd party. Trying to refund is impossible. I would never buy anything from them again.

Maybe high street shopping is safest way to buy anything.

Sandra

Login to Me Too

Marie54321
Contributor
Contributor
Agree poor company and so annoying. Yes, high street for me from now on, unless paid return postage guaranteed
Login to Me Too

AChester
Exact same issue, I’m furious with PayPal’s response, I included links to the advert. Copies of emails sent to seller that bounced back,
Login to Me Too

Swalian13
Contributor
Contributor

I ordered some Soundband earphones via an advert on Facebook .To be blunt the quality of sound and volume is pathetic and they are certainly not as described..in effect not fit for purpose.I have emailed this company on two occasions and have had no reply.Therefore to try and sort the problem with the supplier is impossible.It seems to me an attempt to discourage the reporting of problems and hope that any complaints will go away despite supposedly offering a 30 day money back guarantee.

The volume of complaints indicates that PayPal should cease dealing with this company forthwith.

If Paypal is not prepared to stand up for the consumer in this type of situation it does bring into question whether PayPal can be trusted themselves.I have escalated this issue with Paypal and I await their reply with interest.

I am also considering referring this to the local Trading standards department.

Login to Me Too

Marie54321
Contributor
Contributor
The advice is always automated, never personal to claim
Login to Me Too

Sandradaw
Contributor
Contributor

Just about impoible to receive refund via help centre when the Co is not replying at all. I think they should be barred from selling their products using PayPal unless Paypal are prepared to support customers and ensure any and all refunds are received by customers who have valid complaints but cannot get response.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Michael

Hello, @Sandradaw. Thanks for taking the time to post your concern on the PayPal Community Forum and provide your feedback regarding the dispute and claim process. Having an issue with a purchase is certainly not the kind of experience PayPal wants for customers, but not receiving the support expected from PayPal is very concerning.

In general, PayPal follows the policies and procedures related to the Buyer Protection Policy when it comes to dispute and claims we receive saying an item was not received or that something received was not as described. For each type of case, PayPal asks both parties to communicate first (the dispute phase) and the PayPal will investigate and render a decision if a satisfactory resolution is not reached between the parties (the claim phase).

If a merchant does not reply to a dispute, the next step would be to escalate the case to a claim. However, that has to be done within 20 days of the date the dispute was first submitted. There's no requirement that a buyer wait until the entire 20 days has passed, and, in fact, PayPal encourages buyers to escalate a dispute to a claim as soon as they believe the situation is not going to be resolved just by communicating with a seller.

Once a dispute is escalated to a claim, PayPal takes over, asks for information if needed, and renders a decision on how to resolve the situation. At that point, sellers are no longer able to communicate with a buyer through the case. They can only communicate with PayPal since the opportunity to communicate with a buyer was available during the dispute phase of a case. PayPal provides updates to both parties when a claim is worked, and support is provided as needed.

I hope this helps to clarify things and addresses your concern with the level of support PayPal provides. If you have other questions, please check out https://www.paypal.com/smarthelp/article/how-do-i-open-a-dispute-with-a-seller-when-a-purchase-goes-... for more information on the dispute and claim process.

Thanks for being a part of the PayPal Community!

Sincerely,

Michael

PayPal_Michael

Login to Me Too

VeraDouglas
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for the information, very helpful

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.