PayPal charged me for an order that I never confirmed.

NexusHex
Contributor
Contributor

I already tried contacting the merchant and they said that there's no order with my name/email/address. Ive tried messaging PayPal many times and they still won't respond. There's no reason the money should've been taken out or an order should be pending when I never pressed "confirm order." Is there anything else I can do?

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@NexusHex 

When you pay a company (rather than an ebay seller or individual), then it is often pending until that company processes your order and captures the pending payment.

If they don't process that order and capture the pending payment then the pending status times out at 30 days post-payment.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

NexusHex
Contributor
Contributor
That’s the thing. I never confirmed an order TO pay a company. I never pressed the confirm order button. I never went past the review portion because I’d changed my mind about the purchase. PayPal went ahead and did it for me.
Login to Me Too

angryfrank
Contributor
Contributor

The company "Frindely" I have issues with took my money as soon as they recieved the order.  Within minutes! I accidentally hit send the order then immediately sent them an email asking them to cancel the order. I sent them an email every day a couple times a day for 2 weeks to cancel the order and they never responded. They have a cancellation/return policy and state they products are shipped from the USA.  It's a scam. The minute they get notification there's money they take it. 

Login to Me Too

angryfrank
Contributor
Contributor

PayPal won't respond very quickly if at all. There really isn't a way to get in touch with them either. They don't make it very easy

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.