PayPal buyers protection

Brumball
Contributor
Contributor

Hello just want to share my awesome experience with paypal.  

Two months ago i bought 7 items for 145EUR on Gearbest and payed using paypal .

I received 5 items for 72 EUR they ware cleared in costumes i payed tax no issue there but then i asked Gearbest about the remaining 2 items for 73EUR and was told they dont have them but i can change for other item.  But i didint want other item if they dont have it i want my money back.

So i created tt here in paypal and thought everything will be fine. Paypal asked Gearbest they replied with one line tracking number of the fist 5 items and paypal happily declined my request. So i caled to paypal they reopened the TT i added communication from seller where he written they did not send the 2 remaining items for 73 EUR I also added the documents from costumes where it is written what i received ware 5 items for 72 EUR. Paypal asked Gearbest they replied with one line tracking number of the fist 5 items and paypal happily declined my request again.

I had to go to my credit card company and request my money back there. I am paypal user for 10 years this is first time that i had to deal with undelivered order by asking paypall for help. I thought that this is exactly why i use paypal to have better buyers protection and when you have proof that you did not receive the item not even the seller is denying that he did not send it and yet paypal decline the request. 

After this i really dont know why i would use paypal so I will delete my account

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Brumball 

If you opened a dispute for non receipt of item then the seller would win if they had a tracking number to prove 'an item' was delivered to you.

If you only received part of your order then you should have opened a dispute for 'item received but not as described' ie say 3 instead of 5, then paypal would have told you to return what you did receive for a full refund (they do this as they don't get involved with part returns or part refunds).

Maybe actually read up on buyer protection to see what coverage they offer first as it can never be a 100% coverall.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Brumball 

If you opened a dispute for non receipt of item then the seller would win if they had a tracking number to prove 'an item' was delivered to you.

If you only received part of your order then you should have opened a dispute for 'item received but not as described' ie say 3 instead of 5, then paypal would have told you to return what you did receive for a full refund (they do this as they don't get involved with part returns or part refunds).

Maybe actually read up on buyer protection to see what coverage they offer first as it can never be a 100% coverall.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Brumball
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you,

You actually helped me. It is funny because i tried to use phone support also talked with 3 different costumer support people via massage center and noone told me to change the case type. They just reopened it and leave it as it was to be declined again. This is sad that company like paypal can have support this bad.

As for the buyers protection I read the short version https://www.paypal.com/sk/smarthelp/article/what-is-paypal-buyer-protection-faq1269?app=searchAutoCo...

Well if i will have to use paypal in the future now i know to have only one item per order.

Thank you again

Login to Me Too

gf56
New Community Member

I bought something from China and didn't get it. Contacted buyer and they gave me tracking number, went to local post office and they showed it delivered to my house but I never received it. Opened a claim with PayPal stating that it was lost by my local post office, not the sellers problem. They got verification that it was delivered from the seller and the post office so they denied my claim. 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.