PayPal account limitation

BMW328I
Contributor
Contributor

Hi 

my account was limitation for oped case . 

since January to June I have 6 case which is : 

Me as buyer :

1 - item not as described and was solver with buyer with partial refund . 

2 - item not received the package was sent to me has wrong suit number and the weight was to light like ( 2 - 3 ounces ) and the item I ordered at least (1 - 1.5 Lb so to avoid the risk I refused the package when the mail man was trying to delivered and it's return to sender but they never response to the case and it was close on my favor . 

Me as seller : 

1 - unauthorized transaction opened within 10 minutes after the payment was received so it was refunded immediately .  

2 - unauthorized transaction opened within 10 minutes after the payment was received so it was refunded immediately .  

3 - Unauthorized transaction opened after the package was delivered few days to confirmed PayPal address so was closed on my favor .

4 - Unauthorized transaction opened after the package was delivered few days to confirmed PayPal address so was closed on my favor .

can someone tell what's wrong I have done ? if someone opened unauthorized transaction what should I do isn't that under seller protection when shipped to confirmed address ? I have no control on people what they do .

If I had cases against me item not as described or item not received I would completely understand I have done wrong but I haven't received any case of that kind . 

as buyer when I receive item not as described shouldn't I open dispute under my buyer protection to get my money back ? how this would that be against PayPal agreement ? Please someone help me this is my main business and it's very important to me to keep my account . 

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@BMW328I 

Perhaps your disputes are a cause for concern to PayPal which includes your business model drawing unauthorized payment disputes once a month, 4 months consecutively. We can certainly utilize PayPal's buyer and seller protection programs but how much too much to the point where they go 'ok' and put a stop to things. 

Restricted Activities

In connection with your use of our websites, your PayPal account, the PayPal services, or in the course of your interactions with PayPal, other PayPal customers, or third parties, you must not:

• Breach this user agreement, the PayPal Acceptable Use Policy, the Commercial Entity Agreements (if they apply to you), the PayPal Cash and PayPal Cash Plus Account Terms and Conditions (if it applies to you), or any other agreement between you and PayPal;
  • Violate any law, statute, ordinance, or regulation (for example, those governing financial services, consumer protections, unfair competition, anti-discrimination or false advertising);
  • Infringe PayPal's or any third party's copyright, patent, trademark, trade secret or other intellectual property rights, or rights of publicity or privacy;
  • Sell counterfeit goods;
  • Act in a manner that is defamatory, trade libelous, threatening or harassing;
  • Provide false, inaccurate or misleading information;
  • Send or receive what we reasonably believe to be potentially fraudulent funds;
  • Refuse to cooperate in an investigation or provide confirmation of your identity or any information you provide to us;
  • Attempt to double dip during the course of a dispute by receiving or attempting to receive funds from both PayPal and the seller, bank or card issuer for the same transaction;
  • Control an account that is linked to another account that has engaged in any of these restricted activities;
  • Conduct your business or use the PayPal services in a manner that results in or may result in;
    • complaints;
    • requests by buyers (either filed with us or card issuers) to invalidate payments made to you;
    • fees, fines, penalties or other liability or losses to PayPal, other PayPal customers, third parties or you;
  • Use your PayPal account or the PayPal services in a manner that PayPal, Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover or any other electronic funds transfer network reasonably believes to be an abuse of the card system or a violation of card association or network rules;
  • Allow your PayPal account to have a negative balance;
  • Provide yourself a cash advance from your credit card (or help others to do so);
  • Access the PayPal services from a country that is not included on PayPal's permitted countries list;
  • Take any action that imposes an unreasonable or disproportionately large load on our websites, software, systems (including any networks and servers used to provide any of the PayPal services) operated by us or on our behalf or the PayPal services;
  • Facilitate any viruses, trojan horses, malware, worms or other computer programming routines that attempts to or may damage, disrupt, corrupt, misuse, detrimentally interfere with, surreptitiously intercept or expropriate, or gain unauthorized access to any system, data, information or PayPal services;
  • Use an anonymizing proxy; use any robot, spider, other automatic device, or manual process to monitor or copy our websites without our prior written permission; or use any device, software or routine to bypass our robot exclusion headers;
  • Interfere or disrupt or attempt to interfere with or disrupt our websites, software, systems (including any networks and servers used to provide any of the PayPal services) operated by us or on our behalf, any of the PayPal services or other users’ use of any of the PayPal services;
  • Take any action that may cause us to lose any of the services from our Internet service providers, payment processors, or other suppliers or service providers;
  • Use the PayPal services to test credit card behaviors;
  • Circumvent any PayPal policy or determinations about your PayPal account such as temporary or indefinite suspensions or other account holds, limitations or restrictions, including, but not limited to, engaging in the following actions: attempting to open new or additional PayPal account(s) when an account has a negative balance or has been restricted, suspended or otherwise limited; opening new or additional PayPal accounts using information that is not your own (e.g. name, address, email address, etc.); or using someone else’s PayPal account; or
  • Harass and/or threaten our employees, agents, or other users.

Read there for actions PayPal may take as a result:

https://www.paypal.com/us/webapps/mpp/ua/useragreement-full#actions

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@BMW328I 

Perhaps your disputes are a cause for concern to PayPal which includes your business model drawing unauthorized payment disputes once a month, 4 months consecutively. We can certainly utilize PayPal's buyer and seller protection programs but how much too much to the point where they go 'ok' and put a stop to things. 

Restricted Activities

In connection with your use of our websites, your PayPal account, the PayPal services, or in the course of your interactions with PayPal, other PayPal customers, or third parties, you must not:

• Breach this user agreement, the PayPal Acceptable Use Policy, the Commercial Entity Agreements (if they apply to you), the PayPal Cash and PayPal Cash Plus Account Terms and Conditions (if it applies to you), or any other agreement between you and PayPal;
  • Violate any law, statute, ordinance, or regulation (for example, those governing financial services, consumer protections, unfair competition, anti-discrimination or false advertising);
  • Infringe PayPal's or any third party's copyright, patent, trademark, trade secret or other intellectual property rights, or rights of publicity or privacy;
  • Sell counterfeit goods;
  • Act in a manner that is defamatory, trade libelous, threatening or harassing;
  • Provide false, inaccurate or misleading information;
  • Send or receive what we reasonably believe to be potentially fraudulent funds;
  • Refuse to cooperate in an investigation or provide confirmation of your identity or any information you provide to us;
  • Attempt to double dip during the course of a dispute by receiving or attempting to receive funds from both PayPal and the seller, bank or card issuer for the same transaction;
  • Control an account that is linked to another account that has engaged in any of these restricted activities;
  • Conduct your business or use the PayPal services in a manner that results in or may result in;
    • complaints;
    • requests by buyers (either filed with us or card issuers) to invalidate payments made to you;
    • fees, fines, penalties or other liability or losses to PayPal, other PayPal customers, third parties or you;
  • Use your PayPal account or the PayPal services in a manner that PayPal, Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover or any other electronic funds transfer network reasonably believes to be an abuse of the card system or a violation of card association or network rules;
  • Allow your PayPal account to have a negative balance;
  • Provide yourself a cash advance from your credit card (or help others to do so);
  • Access the PayPal services from a country that is not included on PayPal's permitted countries list;
  • Take any action that imposes an unreasonable or disproportionately large load on our websites, software, systems (including any networks and servers used to provide any of the PayPal services) operated by us or on our behalf or the PayPal services;
  • Facilitate any viruses, trojan horses, malware, worms or other computer programming routines that attempts to or may damage, disrupt, corrupt, misuse, detrimentally interfere with, surreptitiously intercept or expropriate, or gain unauthorized access to any system, data, information or PayPal services;
  • Use an anonymizing proxy; use any robot, spider, other automatic device, or manual process to monitor or copy our websites without our prior written permission; or use any device, software or routine to bypass our robot exclusion headers;
  • Interfere or disrupt or attempt to interfere with or disrupt our websites, software, systems (including any networks and servers used to provide any of the PayPal services) operated by us or on our behalf, any of the PayPal services or other users’ use of any of the PayPal services;
  • Take any action that may cause us to lose any of the services from our Internet service providers, payment processors, or other suppliers or service providers;
  • Use the PayPal services to test credit card behaviors;
  • Circumvent any PayPal policy or determinations about your PayPal account such as temporary or indefinite suspensions or other account holds, limitations or restrictions, including, but not limited to, engaging in the following actions: attempting to open new or additional PayPal account(s) when an account has a negative balance or has been restricted, suspended or otherwise limited; opening new or additional PayPal accounts using information that is not your own (e.g. name, address, email address, etc.); or using someone else’s PayPal account; or
  • Harass and/or threaten our employees, agents, or other users.

Read there for actions PayPal may take as a result:

https://www.paypal.com/us/webapps/mpp/ua/useragreement-full#actions

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

BMW328I
Contributor
Contributor

I appreciated your response but that's not my case cause I am selling goods and 200-300 transaction a year each with high amount . As we all know those days there's a lot of scammer from here and there they hacked someone account so that could be the case for the unauthorized transaction . 

I don't believe it would be my fault if someone place and order then in few minutes to opened unauthorized transaction can you tell me what I have done when I refund the payment right the way ? or how can I control that's kind of people ? 

6 moths 4 cases so it wasn't case every month . When I have 200-300 transaction a year it's not bad to get 5-10 a year against me as a seller I am sure doesn't matter how hard you work you can't make all customers satisfied even I allow all my buyer the return with 7 days after they received the item for full refund without questioning . There's no how you can stop scammer .

I opened 2 cases as buyer within 6 months but I have done as buyer 100-150 transaction . I am sure you know there's some people they don't use accurate description for their items why would I be blamed on this ? Why else I use PayPal to make my purchased if I am not gonna feel safe as buyer when I receive item not as described ? 

In my opinion you should give % for cases based on how many transition you have done . I don't believe it's fair to allow someone make 10-20 transaction a year to open 5-10 case and you give same to who done 300-500 transaction .

Thank you 

Login to Me Too

BMW328I
Contributor
Contributor

again two unauthorized transaction and was refunded right after the order was placed and the refund was immediately . I'm selling electronic stuff . everyone know those days there's a lot of scammer out there who try to get items for free . I ship to confirmed address only and include signature for item over $750 . when you sell 300 - 400 items per a year then it's normal to have 2-4 cases every year I can't control scammer and I use PayPal to be protect as seller as well as buyer .

the other two unauthorized transaction was opened after the item was shipped to the confirmed address on PayPal . 

IF PAYPAL PROVIDE CONFIRMED ADDRESS AND I SHIPPED TO IT WITH TRACKING NUMBER SHOWING DELIVERED WHAT I MADE WRONG ? YOU GUYS SHOULD STOP COPY PASTE .

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.