PayPal Permanently Limited my account - Without Warning

xtekkit
Contributor
Contributor

I have been selling digital goods on my account for about 18 months now. The items are for use on my various websites and everything has been running smoothly. Customers are happy, there are of course the occasional refund as with any business and confused customer. However, I am also careful to make sure all complaints are handled and most of the time things are sorted out in less than 48 hours.

Today I wake up to find that my account has essentially be locked. I can not take payment or remove the $3000 sat in my account.

Calling PayPal I was told that I would have to email PayPal in order to find out what is happening and why and I could not be transferred to the department that would be handling the issue.

This is the message I received:
549744d1ecf61758d1ace6a42cb804ae

When I click the notification it cycles me back around to the same warning message.

Needless to say, I am rather annoyed.

Login to Me Too
94 REPLIES 94

RAVINDRAKUMARNA
Contributor
Contributor
YOU'RE REQUESTED TO TREAT MATTER URGENTLY TRANSFER ALL AMOUNT TO MY BANK ACCOUNT IMMEDIATELY SINCE ONE YEAR BUSINESS HELDUP KINDLY SPEED UP IMMEDIATELY
Login to Me Too

Ifti7aL
Contributor
Contributor

Can you advise! how can I get my payment which was in the permanently limited Paypal account?

Login to Me Too

xtekkit
Contributor
Contributor

Fair enough, but honestly there are much better ways to deal with it. They could have given me some warning. 

Although, I have spoken to a member of the PayPal team and started the appeal process. It seems to me that someone has decided I have broken some rules without ever fully understanding how the products I sell actually work.

I will keep this thread up to date with how that appeal goes.

Login to Me Too

kakabaka6
Contributor
Contributor
Any luck? I'm un same boat
Login to Me Too

xtekkit
Contributor
Contributor

Well, I got the expected reply from a number of people at PayPal, but I also managed to get someone to review my account again in 30 days to ascertain if funds can be unlocked. I basically didn't even wait a week before sending off my various emails, so I expected there would a small waiting period.

I will wait until Jan 2019 and email PayPal again and let you know what happens.

However, if you have already waited 30+ days, then just keep emailing different people at PayPal. Aim high, managers and directors. Someone will eventually release the funds as PayPal.com is under American jurisdiction and must obey American laws. And in all but 2 states it is illegal for a non-banking entity to withhold funds for extended periods of time. 

Login to Me Too

kakabaka6
Contributor
Contributor
What's the emails
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@kakabaka6

Click on the words "Help / Contact" at the bottom of paypals pages and use the phone option in the blue band at the top OR very bottom of page dependent on what country you are in. Scroll down past the list of help questions and click on 'Call us' bottom of that page. Log in and get the code.
Freephone from a UK landline or UK mobile number.

OR

have you considered contacting Customer Service via Facebook or Twitter?
You can send them a personal message from their facebook or twitter pages.
It's: https://www.facebook.com/PayPalUK and @AskPayPal for Twitter.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

obada9x
Contributor
Contributor

Hi there any luck yet getting your account re-opened or your fund??

Login to Me Too

xtekkit
Contributor
Contributor

No luck yet. I am emailing them on a weekly basis. Sadly I live in Europe and it seems that finance laws here let PayPal get away with all sorts of BS.

Login to Me Too

Any update? I've only ever used Paypal for Shopify and I've been hit with the same thing, currently unable to refund a customer due to this ridiculous limitation and I'm fed up of getting automated responses

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.