PayPal Can't See What I Do to Fix my Account

Confused84a1
Contributor
Contributor

Howdy.  I went to Paypal to make a routine payment to a merchant to whom I have sent Paypal payments many times before.  Paypal aborted my attempt to make the payment and told me something was wrong.  I don't understand what was wrong.  Then Paypal demanded information from me and threatened to restrict my account even more if I did not send the information.  One of the things Paypal demanded from me was that I drag and drop a jpeg photo of my driver's license into the place provided.  I took a digital jpeg photo of my driver's license and uploaded it to my computer.  Then I dragged and dropped the jpeg photo into the place provided by Paypal.  Then Paypal repeated that I needed to drag and drop the jpeg photo even after I did exactly that.  I repeated the procedure again and again with the same result.  What am I supposed to do when the Paypal system is too stupid to see that I am doing exactly what it tells me to do?  Thank you.

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

shez2020
Contributor
Contributor
thousands of accounts had same issue. Mine included. error on there part. I tried calling gave up after 3 hours. I uploaded driving lic, and typed error in the information request field. I also submitted proof of address in the reciept field. I additionally messaged them . Around 2.30pm my account was finally back to normal. try the above they are working to restore them thoe.
Login to Me Too

Confused84a1
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks!  My account also magically came back to life.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.