Paid for service

Jay13433
Contributor
Contributor
I did a service for someone and they paid me. PayPal held my money and the person released my money to me. Now he has filled a item not received case. What can I do?
Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Intars

Hi Jay13433,

Welcome to the community forum and thanks for posting.

I understand disputes and claims are never ideal and can be confusing. 

A dispute occurs when a buyer reports that they have a problem with an item they’ve bought. This is reported through the Resolution Centre of the buyer’s PayPal account. There are two reasons for opening a dispute; if an item was not received, or if an item received is significantly not as described.

In an effort to create stronger communication between buyers and sellers, the dispute process offers a platform within your PayPal account where buyers and sellers can reach an amicable resolution to a problem. You can communicate with the other party by posting messages in the Resolution Centre until the issue is resolved.

1. Go to www.paypal.com and log in to your account.
  2. From the More drop-down menu at the top of the page, select Resolution Centre.
  3. Click View under ‘Action’ next to your case.
  4. Respond to the buyer and enter any relevant information (such as tracking information), and then click Post Message.

If a dispute between a buyer and a seller cannot be resolved, it can be escalated to a claim within 20 days of being opened. Once a dispute is escalated, we become directly involved and we take full control of resolving the issue. We will ask for more information from both parties via email then review this information before deciding the outcome.

Once a transaction is disputed the funds associated with it are placed on hold for the duration of the dispute and/or claim. You will notice that the status changes from ‘Completed’ to ‘On Hold’. While a dispute is open, neither the buyer nor the seller can access to the funds involved.

Note:

• A buyer has 180 days from the date of payment to open a dispute
  • Buyers must wait at least 7 days from the date of payment to escalate a dispute for an item not received
  • If the dispute is not escalated to a claim within 20 days, we'll close the dispute. A closed dispute cannot be reopened or escalated to a PayPal claim
  • When the 20-day deadline is approaching, we will remind you by email and in the Resolution Centre

-Intars

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.