Overcharged for a transaction, need help.

HeyHoLetsGo
Contributor
Contributor

Like in the title, I have a problem where I have been overcharged for a transaction, I spoke to the seller and apparantely its not on their side, they have shown me screenshots from their system showing only charging me the agreed amount. They refunded the payment in hopes to solve the problem but unfortunately it only gave back the agreed amount and not what I have been overcharged. I've been trying to get my money back for 3 weeks now.

The customer service that I was given was very poor, I have provided evidence from my bank and I have given all the detail needed and still 0 help. Agent chat and emailing was not helpful at all, dispute also didnt work as they don't bother reading the description I give for the dispute they just automatically decline it because its been refunded. Once again, it only refunded the agreed amount and not what I have been overcharged, I need help getting my money back, I've tried solving this peacefully but with the customer service provided and the time this is taking and lack of help from PayPal's side I'm soon going to be forced to contact my bank to get my money back because I see no other way around it. 

Any help appreciated.

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@HeyHoLetsGo 

Ebay transaction?

Private transaction?

Website payment?

Facebook payment?

International payment?

Currencies involved?

Helps if you give some actual information.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

HeyHoLetsGo
Contributor
Contributor

Sorry, it was a website transaction. More specifically for www.exitlag.com . I was charged 10 times the agreed amount, somehow.

Login to Me Too

Lela29
Did you get any resolution on this? I made a recent purchase, & the merchant was great but PP overcharged my credit card more than the agreed and documented item price & keeps bothering the merchant with the dispute. It's PP that made the error, but there isn't a dispute option against them!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.