Opening a dispute for a charge that is not linked to your account.

hjones1440
New Community Member

As the title states, I made a purchase as a guest through Paypal in mid January as I had not finished setting up my Paypal account. Since ordering the product I have only received one response from the seller and have not heard back since after multiple attempts. I tried to open a dispute on my current Paypal account after linking my bank and card to my account, but the transaction doesn't show up on my Paypal.

My question is how do I go about opening a dispute for the charge either through my account or as a guest? 

Thank you ahead of time for your help. Also, I am sorry if this question has already been answered, but I couldn't find a solution previously.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@hjones1440 

Linking bank/card to PayPal account will not display the transaction in your PayPal account. Instead, look for PayPal receipt email with the receipt ID number at the bottom. Contact customer service and provide receipt ID number to open dispute:

Log on, click HELP on top menu, scroll down to click CONTACT US, and then scroll down to click CALL US or other available options.

Or contacting via social media:

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/paypal

Twitter: @AskPayPal

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.