Non-Resident With U.S bank account

xprodigy001
New Community Member

Hello, my brother has a U.S bank account but he is not a US citizen, he’s a visitor of the U.S, so he does not have SSN, ITIN nor a Tax ID, but he wants to Verify his account, but does not have any of these documents, what can he do to be verified. He does have a US bank account and debit card.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@xprodigy001 

Account can be verified by doing 2 out of 3 things: linking a US bank, link a US card and/or provide SSN/ITIN.

Billing address for both bank account and debit card has to be in the US.

Note that security for US PayPal accounts have recently been increased and require SSN/ITIN at some point so your brother will eventually be asked to provide it to keep money in the PayPal balance and use the PayPal balance feature in general:

https://www.irs.gov/individuals/international-taxpayers/taxpayer-identification-numbers-tin

When your brother does leave the US, he may have to close the PayPal account if he is no longer using it or at least don't keep a balance in there when he leaves and then open a PayPal account in his home country with active billing address and financial information with that country. PayPal have different terms governing PayPal accounts from all over the world.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.