My buyer disputed payment. I am going to refund. But there is not refund option. Who can help me?

melec1
Contributor
Contributor

Client sent payment as advanced upfront payment when i start his app development project.  But i could not work due to Corona Virus and did not send project yet. So he disputed the payment. i don't have any work result which can send to him, so i am going to refund the payment. Please help me to refund the money to my client. Thank you.

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

melec1
Contributor
Contributor

Is there any PayPal agent who can help me? Customer help service is down, so i can not get help from PayPal support team. 

Please help me.

Login to Me Too

PneumaPsyche
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Good day to you @melec1,

Thank you for using community forum. I am sorry you've had to deal with this issue.

You can refund the entire amount of a transaction or portions of it. The default refund period is 180 days from the transaction date.

Here’s how to issue a full refund:

1. Go to the Resolution Center.
  2. Select Open Cases and find the transaction.
  3. Click the Case ID in the Case column.
  4. Click Issue a full refund on the case details page.

Issuing a full refund automatically closes a dispute.

If you refund a payment for goods or services, there are no fees to issue the refund, but the fees you originally paid as the seller are not returned to you. The amount of the refunded payment will be deducted from your PayPal account.

To learn how to issue a refund after 180 days from the original transaction, click here.

If your PayPal account balance does not have enough money in it, the entire refund will be issued from the primary bank account linked to your PayPal account.

You can also offer a partial refund for your dispute. Here’s how:  

1. Go to the Resolution Center.
  2. Select Open Cases from the list and find the transaction.
  3. Click the Case ID under the Case column.
  4. Click Offer a partial refund on the case details page.
  5. Enter the amount you want to offer and click Calculate to figure out the net refund amount and fee refund.
  6. Click Offer refund

I hope this helps.
We really appreciate your patience.
Keep safe.

*** You may leave Kudos / Solution if I have helped you. ***

Login to Me Too

melec1
Contributor
Contributor

There is not issue refund button on the dispute case. The case is under review. Can you help me to issue refund?

Login to Me Too

melec1
Contributor
Contributor

Please help me if there is paypal agent in this community

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.