My Account is limited and I cant close it, can call to get it closed?

Michelle4123
New Community Member

Alright, right off the bat, this is another case of "I didnt use my legal name when registering due to paranoia". 

So, I did not use my legal name. That is already an issue. My account was limited because I had not shown any ID. So last night i sent in a photo of my Drivers license so that they may update my name. But honestly, I'd rather just delete this entire account and start over fresh and with proper Information from the start. Because my ID has not been reviewed, my account is still limited, and cannot close the account myself. So I was wondering if i could call paypal and get them to manually close it. Can they do that even though I currently have and ID waiting for them to be reviewed?

Also, I have a pending $5 payment that is supposed to be coming in to me on the 20th. No one wants to lose money, but i just want to get rid of this account because its been such a headache trying to correct everything. I just want to start over on a fresh and proper account. So at this point i dont mind if them closing my account also means losing the $5, since i have no other money in this account.

So, i guess my question is that, My account is limited, I cant close it myself, Can i call paypal to have them manually close my account even though i have an ID pending to be reviewed and a $5 payment pending too? I dont care about losing the $5 anymore

I just want to start over the right way.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Michelle4123

The i.d. that you supply is supposed to confirm that the name on the account is YOUR name, if the i.d does not confirm that then the account will stay limited.

You would need to ask customer services permission to open another account, if you don't then they may limit your new one as well. They are not keen on folks opening a legal, financial account in a nickname.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.