Moving money after mysterious account closure and supsension

farkingcrooks
New Community Member

After I set up paypal to be my main checking account I was blocked and frozen for 180 days. That was nov 4 2019. I was able to move the funds from the balance to my chase external account but I can't move the money I had set aside in goals. i cant move goals money to the balance, I can't close the goals, I can't seem to access the funds in any way. I have messaged paypal a dozen times and can't get anyone on the phone for customer support. What should I do to access my money? Contact the attorney general? It's been 7 months frozen now! 

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@farkingcrooks 

Your best bet is to wait until the phones are back up and running and then phone customer services so that you can speak to an agent.
Then they can help advise on how you can withdraw the funds if and when you are allowed to do so.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

clearlycheri
Contributor
Contributor
I've had literally the exact same problem. My account got frozen July 8th, 2020. I was able to move the money from my balance about 2 weeks ago, just after the 180 days was up. But I can't transfer the $1,556 from the 3 goals I made in June of 2020. I still can't figure out what action I took to "violate their User Agreement" but it's whatever.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.