May have been scammed

chloeoh98
Contributor
Contributor

I just ordered a PS4 game from a website called dvd-exprez.com 

I paid it through PayPal and got the confirmation of payment through facebook messenger. But after I ordered I took a closer look at the site and I'm now starting to think it could be fraudulent. The contact us email address that is on the site doesn't allow messages to reach me. The address they listed is actually an office address that allows people to use their address (supposedly to avoid junk mail and to avoid a residential address being seen). 

I've contacted the email address that the payment on PayPal was sent to about 10 minutes ago and haven't received a response as of yet. I've contacted Paypal by email too.

The thing is the game doesn't actually come out until the end of the month meaning I won't actually know until around then if it's genuine or not. Can I file a dispute yet or should I wait and see? Am I protected by Paypal's buyer protection?

Login to Me Too
25 REPLIES 25

evilcozmo
Contributor
Contributor
I too have had the same issue! I notice that they seem to have a string of websites! One of which is a room rental service in Scotland! They had a contact number! Very dodgy bloke answered! I have been pestering them all day about my order to no avail! And oddly now the website has gone under construction!!
Login to Me Too

evilcozmo
Contributor
Contributor
I too have had the same issue! I notice that they seem to have a string of websites! One of which is a room rental service in Scotland! They had a contact number! Very dodgy bloke answered! I have been pestering them all day about my order to no avail! And oddly now the website has gone under construction!!
Login to Me Too

chloeoh98
Contributor
Contributor

I see that now...I'm going to give them another day or two and if I still don't hear anything then I'm going to raise a dispute. 

Login to Me Too

Dinkster55
New Community Member
Im afraid I have also fallen victim to this potential scam. However, never using paypal before I actually checked out with my card details via paypal...if I need to be, am I still protected with paypal? If anyone knows? Thanks in advance 👌🏻
Login to Me Too

BP_42
Contributor
Contributor
I ordered from these yesterday. Same thing. No email. Website shut down soon after ordering. Although if u go on a different device from the one u ordered on. It’s still up and running. I opened a dispute which says wait a week before escalating to a claim. Rang Paypal and they have escalated it to a claim straight away and assured me I will get the money back in about 12 days. I would act as soon as possible
Login to Me Too

dredoggpaul
Contributor
Contributor
We also ordered God of War last friday and still havnt received it!!! Ive emailed them but no reply 😞 Think im gonna contact paypal after seeing everyone elses comments, just typical!!
Login to Me Too

morganja001
Contributor
Contributor

Same issue, already escalated it as I'm fairly sure there will be no benefit from chasing the seller.

I just hope PayPal can at least query with Google why they allow scammers to reach the top of their search listings.

Whoever this lot are they've managed to manipulate Google with ease as they were FIRST on the list of available options.

You'd think the money they save on UK tax they don't pay would at least go towards protecting one of their lead markets!!

Ah well, good luck getting your money back everyone!

Login to Me Too

Wilkybob69
Me too unfortunately I read these comments and immediately put a dispute in which was instantly escalated to a claim so pp must be aware of this company
Login to Me Too

chloeoh98
Contributor
Contributor

I put in a dispute on Friday and I raised it to a claim today...I'll keep you updated on here because I would say there's a lot of people who have gotten scammed by this company.

Login to Me Too

evilcozmo
Contributor
Contributor
Well played! PayPal have been great and given me my money back. I am in the process of looking into reporting the website and its parent websites as well!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.