Major issues & delays with confirmation of identity

PmcAus
New Community Member

I have been using PayPal in my business to book freight from an online logistics company for around 18 months. All good until 1.50pm 6/7/21 when the booking company refunded me $10.76 due to a failed delivery and my Palpal account was immediately closed. The emails advising of my refund, and my account closure arrive simultaneously. Email says Paypal needs to confirm my identity.  I have been trying to do this since 6/7/21. The Paypal email directs you to a webpage. Initially I was asked an online question, whether or not my business was publicly traded. I click no and the page locks up. Tried several times - it doesn't work. Still doesn't work today, 23/7/21. I spoke with PayPal help desk on 7/7/21 and told them the issue and I was advised that PayPal is aware of the issue. They provided me a link to upload several business documents. I uploaded these same day - still no account access 14/7/21 so I rang again. I was told yes, they have received the documents and they will push it through. Now 23/7/21 and still no account. My question to Paypal is this. Why do you close accounts without notification? Why don't you  give customers some opportunity to supply the information you require whilst the account is still active? And why would you close accounts when you know that the IT you have set-up to receive information requested doesn't work? 

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@PmcAus 

Guess your best bet is to ask customer services those questions.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.