Luxury Reclining Camping Chair--REFUNDED

Philfarns
Contributor
Contributor

Happy to share I was able to get help from paypal customer service on being refunded for these "luxury reclining camp chairs". Like most, I received the miniature fold out stands that look they are designed for a 3 year old, and not the camping chairs that were pictured on instagram post.  I ordered off of instagram, with Welldogoods as the vendor in China. 

When I emailed the vendor, they requested a $25 restocking fee prior to shipping out the correct item. That didnt work for me, so I opened a ticket in the resolution center. The resolution center ultimately sided with the vendor as they were able to provide tracking info showing the product was delivered. 

Here are the steps I took to get a refund from paypal: 

- Contact Us

- Message Us

From this point, dont try and use the automated system which pulls up your account history. Its a vicious loop, and you will ultimately be told that you've already had already submitted this to the resolution center.

- type "i need to speak with someone"

- automated message will ask if you want this sent to customer support agent. Type "yes"

- You will now be using the message center for communications, so no need to stay at your computer waiting for a reply. They usually respond in a couple hours. 

- They will ask why are contacting customer support. Type "issue with product received"

- They will ask for transaction details. I simply took screenshot of the invoice via paypal account history. 

- Here is what I wrote after uploading screenshot of paypal invoice: 

I filed a claim already and it was rejected because the seller showed the package was delivered, and it was. That is not the issue though. They sent me the wrong item, and are requesting $25 restocking fee. After further investigation, there are several stories posted to the PayPal community where buyers experienced the same issue as me.

And thats it! Paypal customer service immediately reimbursed me for the transaction. 

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Philfarns 

If the seller won the dispute because they provided a tracking number showing delivery then you must have opened a dispute for non reciept of item and not item recieved but not as described?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Philfarns
Contributor
Contributor

I believe I did the "item not as described" option after losing the "item not delivered" dispute, and it was immediately closed. Hindsight, it probably would've been best to go "item not as described" option. 

Login to Me Too

Liz-Biz
Contributor
Contributor

I followed your advice and got a full refund today. Thank you so much!!

Login to Me Too

Lizonline
Contributor
Contributor

This is what I did:  I managed to find a number to call.  I found it through the website and it generated a 6 digit code that I was prompted to enter.  I waited approximately 10 minutes. I just tried to write the phone number and email as part of this message and I received an error message: 'phone number and email not allowed in this forum'.  ???  I would just advise to go online and search.

I was told I should have chosen "product received was not as described" when I filed my claim.  Even though my purchase was outside the typical 180 day limit, Paypal refunded my $.  The agent did it for me and since it was immediately refunded it looked like the fraudulent company was no longer a Paypal customer.

I was advised that a company can just sign up for a new Paypal account under a different name.  The company I purchased this from was Meiyidagong Meiyidagong.  

Hopefully others will file claims and even though they may keep 'renaming' themselves, they will eventually give up.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.