Limited

Donpow
Contributor
Contributor

PayPal has put a limitation on my account, I sent all the paperwork that proved I was legit with my selling including tracking number etc from selling on eBay, they asked for photo ID so I sent a email saying that this “Don Trump” is a fake name as I used to sell items via a online game where I didn’t want people to know my real name. They said send your passport in and the reasoning to why you done this so I did. I had no reply for a week so I put the passport in on the account limitation thing now I’ve received a email from PayPal saying I won’t be able to use PayPal again and I MIGht be able to withdraw my money in 180 days.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Siobhan2

Hi Donpow, 

Thank you for contacting the PayPal Community Forum and welcome as a new member!

We do require a customer to use their legal name as provided on their government-issued photo ID on a PayPal account. If your PayPal account has been permanently limited due to the false name, you will need to create a new PayPal account using your correct name. You will receive an email notification when the funds on your limited account are eligible for withdrawal. 

- Siobhan 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.