Larry Cloth Scam

Tina102
New Community Member

So I feel incredibly stupid. I fell for a scam.  We are on a very limited budget and my son sent me a link for a camera he wanted from a site called larrycloth.com.  I noticed it looked like a clothing store and not electronics, but it was so reasonable I ordered it.  As soon as I did, I felt sick and started doing some research - it looks like a total scam.  The payment message thing on here said too late its completed - contact seller.  I feel so sick. Its $93 that I don't have to spend again if this is a scam. Anyone else deal with this site?

Login to Me Too
101 REPLIES 101

Adipi
Contributor
Contributor
Paypal obviously does not care about this issue. Apparently one persons story is better than 80s? The best option is to go through your bank for a refund. I have Chase and i called and disputed it and my money was back within 12 hours, all they ask is to provide them with details about what happened by printing and filling out a form and they will do the investigation. The only point of PayPal WAS to have safe secure and protected payments and without the afore mentioned there really is no reason to continue using paypal. Then say it is on me to do the leg work proving that i didn't get the item?! What did i use paypal for?! I wonder how many customers they care to lose before they listen. I will never use paypal again for any reason, this has been going on for almost 2 weeks now and my bank took less than 15mins to refund me!
Login to Me Too

alex7271
Contributor
Contributor

I bought a student drum kit from larrycloth.com.  Tracking number was received, however it was delivered to a different address.  I talked to postmaster and confirmed it was a 1 ounce package delivered to a completely different address.  Postmaster emailed me a letter from her .gov email with her contact information in signature stating that the tracking # provided by seller did not get delivered to me @ my address.  Paypal still denies refund.  Stating they need a specific "intranet" form stating the same thing the postmaster stated in her letter.  I que

Login to Me Too

jimqjp
Contributor
Contributor

I got a similar letter from USPS. I chat with a PayPal agent and submit the letter. PayPal refunded me.

You may want to chat again with another agent. In addition, if you paid with credit card, file a dispute with your credit card bank.

Login to Me Too

Edcase88
Contributor
Contributor

Update: I waited for the envelopes to show as delivered. Went to the post office and got proof of a delivery to the wrong address. The note also described the weight of the package to be 1oz. With the info I called paypal, they were extremely helpful and have been reimbursed in full for my mistake. I will continue to use this service. The person on the other end encourages you all to reach out to a rep if you are still having an issue.

Login to Me Too

gperc5
Contributor
Contributor

Mpcree
Contributor
Contributor

Same problem with scam site larrycloth.com.  Purchased a "Little Giant Ladder"; became concerned when I received a Paypal confirmation email that the charge was processed, but I did not any order confirmation directly from larrycloth.com.  I immediately tried to contact customer service through their website, also contacted the email address provided for the seller in my paypal confirmation.  No response, I contacted them again and requested to cancel my order, no response.  I contacted paypal to dispute the charge and was told that since the seller provided tracking info that shows the item was delivered I was denied a refund.  I went to the post office and learned the item was delivered to another address in my town.  I was verbally given this info by the postal employee but she refused to provide me with any hard copy print out showing where the item was actually delivered, or even simply acknowledging it wasn't delivered to my address, that I could show paypal to re-open my dispute. I've opened a missing package case with USPS. Any other suggestions? Has anyone at all had any luck getting their money back? Especially considering larrycloth.com doesn't even exist anymore; also, beware, moreclothes.com looks like exactly the same scam site!

Login to Me Too

Denise7111
Contributor
Contributor
The employee should have given you a copy of the information you need. PLEASE file a complaint at USPS.gov about the employee and the specific Post Office. They WILL be back in touch with you with the information you need. I work for USPS. This person is being lazy and unprofessional. I have had the same problem with larrycloth.
Login to Me Too

Denise7111
Contributor
Contributor
Also, file an online report with the USPS Office of Postal Inspector. Then, file a report with ic3. PayPal will also require this.
Login to Me Too

alleykat8
New Community Member

I had the same experience with a website called "Alsolove.com."  No item, no communication, no help from Paypal.  They denied my dispute and said I could not file again.  I desperately need to talk with a agent, but that's not happening because of Covid.  I'm out a lot of money and still no item.  The website has been taken down and is confirmed as a scam on many scam sites.  Paypal has been no help at all.  Anyone have any suggestions as to what I can do?  

Login to Me Too

johnboy73
Contributor
Contributor

ordered a e bike conversion kit 

got the link from Google shopping

I caught it thought something was funny about it because when you search for that item on their website it doesn't show up on search results on their site

I kind of think that they're scamming people and using a tracking number from another package to get the money from PayPal

because when I track my package it said it was delivered and then I went to the post office

they told me it was delivered to another address clear across the other side of town

sent them an email and then the next day the website was down

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.