Larry Cloth Scam

Tina102
New Community Member

So I feel incredibly stupid. I fell for a scam.  We are on a very limited budget and my son sent me a link for a camera he wanted from a site called larrycloth.com.  I noticed it looked like a clothing store and not electronics, but it was so reasonable I ordered it.  As soon as I did, I felt sick and started doing some research - it looks like a total scam.  The payment message thing on here said too late its completed - contact seller.  I feel so sick. Its $93 that I don't have to spend again if this is a scam. Anyone else deal with this site?

Login to Me Too
101 REPLIES 101

Dochollid
Contributor
Contributor

My husband and I were looking to save money on a mixer and like a lot of other people got scammed by these people. When we never got a package we tried the email to support and by that time the website was shut down. Called Pay pal and they declined to refund because the 1st time they could actually get a response back from the seller saying they shipped something. Went to our local post office several times and finally got a copy from them of their internal tracking information with the address it was sent to (not ours but in the same town) and where it was shipped from (fake address in New York). We called Pay Pal again and after reopening the case several times they contacted the seller and they never got a response from them again. They did refund our money after that. Now my husband got a call from our bank saying that there was a charge for an Air Bnb of the total of $350. The card he used on his Pay pal account was a debit card and luckily it did not have the money to cover the charge and the bank flagged it as fraud and is sending him out another card. We are planning to call the Air Bnb website to see if it can give us any more info to see if that is where the fraud charge originated from. We did file a report with the FBI Fraud department like other have done on here. Please don't give up getting your money back from Pay Pal it took us about a month to get our refund. Please file a report with the FBI too just in case something comes out of it. Don't let the bad guys win.

Login to Me Too

Bc43

It wasn't clear that it was a scam until I saw my payment went to <Removed> Unfortunately, PayPal refused to consider this a scam, even though I had information from the USPS that the provided tracking number was for a different address and recipient. It's an easy scam. I'm not sure why PayPal hasn't figured this one out yet

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.