Larry Cloth Scam

Tina102
New Community Member

So I feel incredibly stupid. I fell for a scam.  We are on a very limited budget and my son sent me a link for a camera he wanted from a site called larrycloth.com.  I noticed it looked like a clothing store and not electronics, but it was so reasonable I ordered it.  As soon as I did, I felt sick and started doing some research - it looks like a total scam.  The payment message thing on here said too late its completed - contact seller.  I feel so sick. Its $93 that I don't have to spend again if this is a scam. Anyone else deal with this site?

Login to Me Too
101 REPLIES 101

jimqjp
Contributor
Contributor

No, USPS is innocent. The scammer can easily pickup an address of your neighborhood from Google map, pickup a random name and send an empty package to this person. Then they give that track # to PayPal as a "proof" of delivery.

Login to Me Too

jimqjp
Contributor
Contributor

I requested a proof letter from USPS, it shows the track # is to another address, 1 oz, postage of $2.39.

I chat with PayPal today and submit the letter. PayPal agree to give me a full refund.

The agent also said he had "submitted the merchant for review".

Login to Me Too

Jeanettecf01
Contributor
Contributor
I did the same thing though and they refuse me
Login to Me Too

2berries
Contributor
Contributor
I just bought a double tricycle stroller and it said delivered 12-07-19, it never came. I have reported it to my credit card company and this website is being investigated. What I don't understand is if PayPal is getting all these comments of a scam why have they not stopped this person from using paypal? Obviously this person doesn't want too ask for a credit card #. Paypal accounts must be easier to get away with stealing innocent people's money and get away with it. This person needs to be stopped and if PayPal allows this I will be closing my paypal account. Not the first time I've had problems on PayPal!!!
Login to Me Too

2berries
Contributor
Contributor
Canceled my credit card, reported as stolen so I will be getting a new card, closing out my old account #'s. Thank god Capital One reimbursed me a refund and no more PayPal account for me. If they can't stop this person, especially after seeing all of these reviews from people who have ripped off then I'm done with PayPal. I will be putting this on social media to let them know PayPal doesn't protect their users and refuses to be held responsible for allowing this scam artist to rob their customers. When I paid PayPal I thought it was weird that it didn't give you a credit card option to pay but went with it anyway....big mistake. Shame on you PayPal for allowing people like this to use your site and allowing them to rob your customer's. As far as I'm concerned PayPal is no better than larrycloth.com for allowing this to continue and not taking action!!!
Login to Me Too

jimqjp
Contributor
Contributor

I checked our post office this morning, the trans # of the first class package in my Paypal transaction was addressed to another one in my town. Pretty sure they intended to do that, so Paypal will deny the "not received" claim.

I have filed a scam complaint in

https://www.ic3.gov/complaint/default.aspx/

The more people to file a claim the quicker Paypal stop helping the scam (though I am sure Paypal does not want this happen).

Login to Me Too

dannyrdodd
Contributor
Contributor

This website is obviously fraudulent. I too fell victim. I will be disputing the charge via PayPal, but based on feedback on this thread, that will likely not yield any positive results. larrycloth.com is not a legitimate website. Please do not order from there! I will be disputing the charge through my credit card company, and I also filed a complaint to the FBI Internet Crim Complaint Center (IC3). If you have been scammed as well, please consider doing so.

https://www.ic3.gov/complaint/default.aspx/

The website does not respond to any emails and they send fake tracking information and the items never show up. Please address this in anyway possible, PayPal. 

Login to Me Too

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Please do research on the website before you buy. Anyone can put a shop together these days. The info is at our fingertips. Just a quick web search. If you find no info, best to keep it movin'. And if you shop around long enough and been observant, you can see scam sites a mile away because of the vibe they give off. They will keep popping up too. They're like the new spam but in shop form.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Jeanettecf01
Contributor
Contributor
Honest to God I talk to somebody about this we all need to come together and file a lawsuit it would be a big one too it would be against that company and then probably somewhat PayPal with all of us it’s a lot of money to be paying back
Login to Me Too

WilsonFan
Contributor
Contributor

PayPal did reimburse me today for purchases from both Larry Cloth and Home Verb.  I went to the post office this morning and had them print off the details associated with the tracking number - including the actual delivery address - and provided it to PayPal.  I understand this is a common scam since general tracking info only shows the zip code something was delivered to.  In my case, the scammer sent the mail to an apartment building across the street from my post office.  Hope this helps!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.