Larry Cloth Scam

Tina102
New Community Member

So I feel incredibly stupid. I fell for a scam.  We are on a very limited budget and my son sent me a link for a camera he wanted from a site called larrycloth.com.  I noticed it looked like a clothing store and not electronics, but it was so reasonable I ordered it.  As soon as I did, I felt sick and started doing some research - it looks like a total scam.  The payment message thing on here said too late its completed - contact seller.  I feel so sick. Its $93 that I don't have to spend again if this is a scam. Anyone else deal with this site?

Login to Me Too
101 REPLIES 101

JC33480
Contributor
Contributor

Don't feel bad, it happens. To get your money back go to the local post office that delivers to your address and they can print a tracking log & report for that tracking number which will show the address that they supposedly sent your order to. You can provide that to PayPal with your dispute and and PayPal can reverse the transaction and give you your money back.

If you have trouble initiating your dispute online just call PayPal directly on the contact us number and the claims department should be able to start the claim for you. Let them know that the contact information on the seller's page is incomplete/not working/not there or whatever that issue is and they will start the claim for you. But you will need the printout from the post office, because that what refutes the seller's claim that the item was delivered to you. It takes a while to get through on the phone, so plan on leaving your phone line on speaker for a good hour (google voice on your computer could help) in case you don't get the call back option.

@frankh24  @jimqjp  @Tina102  @Britliz9703  @Sassylynzey @WilsonFan  @Wifey205 hope this helps you guys

Login to Me Too

Sassylynzey
Contributor
Contributor
Well my claim was denied. Maybe the feds or PayPal should order something off the larrycloth site. There would be there proof when the same thing with the tracking goes to the same town but an address you don’t know. This is very frustrating. I would never lie about not receiving something. I’m not the only one that hasn’t received their item. Maybe they should put all the cases together refund us that’s why I thought it was safe to buy because of PayPal protection. I am upset that whoever is running this site (larrycloth) is stealing off of a lot of innocent people just trying to get Christmas for their kids or family.
Login to Me Too

Jeanettecf01
Contributor
Contributor
Well let me ask you something I already filed the claim was denied twice so every time I call they won’t send me to a live person they just automated stuff and they keep telling me I cannot file another claim I cannot reopen the claim I have the print out from the post office that shows that it went to a different address in my town but has the same tracking number as the package that they were going to send me I never received the package again like you said it was real small hardly wait anything my delivery guy for my mail is my ex-boss so he knows for a fact if I would’ve got the package and he knows when he delivers to me and he’s willing to write a statement but who do I contact how do I get through to somebody at PayPal to go over this again
Login to Me Too

Jeanettecf01
Contributor
Contributor
The site is still there I placed an order on 2 December and I’m trying to get my money back right now and they won’t do it PayPal said for me to send the product back which I never received a product even with proof from the post office
Login to Me Too

gperc5
Contributor
Contributor

they did same to me over 58.49 purchase used fake package in same zip code to trick paypal!

since usps doesn't put delivered to address on website only zipcode

Login to Me Too

micq5280
Contributor
Contributor

Same thing happened to us.  Ordered a skateboard ramp from larrycloth.com.  Ended up getting re-directed to a personal PayPal account for Yu <removed>.  Sad thing was I started realizing it was a scam right after I completed payment.  That got me to lookup reviews of the larrycloth.com site which people were already saying was a scam.  Regardless, there is no good way to get in touch with anyone at PayPal to stop a transaction after it has been made.  Contacting PayPal the next day, they told me to give it 3 days.  To my surprise a tracking number was added for USPS.  The scammers basically send an empty first class envelope to a different address in the same city and zip code to make it look like it was sent.  Because USPS does not show an exact delivery address in their tracking info, it looks like it was sent and received.  I've been on the phone with PayPal now for over 2 hours, hopefully this gets resolved.  What a waste of time...  

Login to Me Too

Whatshername_71
Contributor
Contributor

I was Black Friday ready, I had been looking for a Piano for weeks, and there it was the White Whale, Lagrima 88 keys !!!

$78.00 free shipping !!!!

A few days post purchase tracking details etc... I thought wow!  merry Christmas to me.

It never came even tho the post office said it was delivered. I cannot get PayPal to reimburse because it shows as a received package.

My local mail carrier for USPS is an old high school pal of mine so when he saw my name on the envelope, not going to my apartment ,  he thought "what are the odds 2 people with the same name in the same delivery area"

He assured me it was not a package but in fact an envelope 

PayPal dosen't seem to care,  despite 97 other complaints here,  in their own community, I am not taking it personal,  they have automated responses that have only one reaction under any particular circumstance.

The robot for this fraud only knows how to say DENIED CLAIM.

Well,  at least the machines won't be taking over the planet soon based on the above auto response, way to stupid.

So there is that,  however perhaps they should,  people are **bleep**hole$

Login to Me Too

micq5280
Contributor
Contributor

Don't even bother with contacting PayPal.  According to the person I spoke with there is nothing they can do since they only verify City State and Zip from USPS before they send the money to the person.  Any case thereafter is auto-closed by their system.  After spending 3 hours on the phone / hold they told me to cancel it with my credit card.  That took 10 mins.  Don't think I will be using PayPal going forward.

Login to Me Too

Sassylynzey
Contributor
Contributor
My claim with larrycloth went in my favor after I spoke to a representative. I proved what I bought and that they shipped a 1 oz package to wrong address. If you go to your local post office they can give you a print out. The PayPal costumer service was nice and very helpful. They know about this site and they are trying to work everything out.
Login to Me Too

Johnnygeep
Contributor
Contributor

Fell for the same scam, pretty much exactly as described in other posts.  PayPal resolution said my resolution was denied because the tracking number showed a confirmed delivery.  I went to the post office and had them print out the FULL tracking info, it even had a Google Street view.  Now going to escalate to a "claim".  Not much hope of recovering anything but hopefully will stop this seller or prevent more buyers.

WARNING:  PayPal gives your credit card info to the seller.  The full tracking info showed the seller in New York.  Next day Discover Card called me with a fraudulent purchase in, you guessed it, New York.  Whatever payment method you use, call them and tell them you think your account is compromised!

This is the site that got me:

https://www.larrycloth.com/2-e-tra-hero-batteries-32gb-gopro---camera-7-memory-card--black--w-action

I also filed a claim with Discover card, the USPS Fraud Division (Call[Removed. Phone #s not permitted] Visit www.uspis.gov to report suspected fraud online) and the FTC (ftc.gov/complaint, click on the FTC Complaint Assistant icon).  File reports....Hopefully, we can help put a stop to this.  Good luck!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.