LCD screen should i get a FULL refund?

StuSid88
New Community Member

Hi everyone,

My first time posting because well.. im furious to be honest... i bought a brand new LCD screen for my Samsung s7 edge because mine was dropped and shattered beyond repair.

The screen arrived last Friday and when i got in from work i fitted the screen only for it to be un usable (it did look in good condition when it arrived i cant deny that), however i dont feel i damaged it in anyway at all i fitted it ran my fingers along the edges for the glue to hold and turned my phone on.... Now ive emailed the seller on Ebay and i did actually state i would prefer ATLEAST a partial refund (i paid £185!) they wouldnt at first and offered to fix it if i paid postage and send my phone to them at an extra £100 charge.... i said no not a chance and theyve offered £50 now what im wondering is .. i cant prove whether it was damaged on arrival or i damaged it myself which i highly doubt i did... am i entitled to a full refund if i open a dispute? or should i accept their tiny £50 and get on with it?

Thanks for any help

ive attatched photos of the screen (the black along the left edge is where i was going to remove the screen and ive caused it to turn the pixels black.)

IMG_20180526_233838958_HDR.jpgIMG_20180526_233909084_HDR.jpgIMG_20180526_233919293.jpgIMG_20180526_233933891.jpg

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

Anonymous_User
Not applicable

You can certainly try the dispute process as an option - also, if you did happen to pay using a credit card, you may want to contact them for assistance if you encounter a problem with PayPal's process.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@StuSid88

In the event of an item received but not as described dispute it is always one persons word against the others.

So paypal 'tend' to favour the buyer BUT that buyer has to return the item back to the seller at their own expense before getting a full refund.

So you have a few choices.

1. File a dispute and accept any partial offer.

2. File a dispute and refuse a partial refund and escalate to a claim for paypal to sort BUT you risk them NOT finding in your favour and you have lost out on the partial refund...........tricky.

3. Credit card chargeback if you funded your paypal payment via a card.

4. Small claims court action.

Also have you activated the below link at some point BEFORE you made the transaction to get some of your return shipping costs reimbursed?

https://www.paypal.com/uk/webapps/mpp/refunded-returns

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

StuSid88
New Community Member

@kernowlass

Your  reply is exactly what i was thinking i know the Buyer is favoured 90% of the time.. so i might just accept their partial refund offer and be done with it and accept the fact i blew £130+ on a  dud... unfrotunatly

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@StuSid88

I think I would tend to agree with you unless the seller was a registered business in which case I would accept the partial refund and go after him for the rest  Smiley Wink

But maybe at least getting some of your money back is better than taking a risk and not getting anything back  Smiley Frustrated

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.