Service and product bought and not received

Dunndunn
Contributor
Contributor

So I paid someone to do a commission painting for me thru instagram and thru text and when completed sent the paid for shipping and paid the rest of the item off. Almost 3 weeks later never got the item and no replies to any messages sent for tracking of the item being sent. I disputed the claim on PayPal and I selected the wrong option of the dispute and click unauthorized payment instead of item not received because there wasn’t an option for it. They closed the case and I can’t open the right one for it because they think it solved I don’t know how to call and contact PayPal cause it brings me everywhere else and no number to call and explain. I have all the messages between me and the seller. I don’t know what to do...

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

Oregon11
Advisor
Advisor

@Dunndunn

The only time PayPal lets you open a second dispute for the same item: when the first dispute was for an item not received and the second dispute is for that same item being significantly not as described.

You can try calling PayPal to tell them what happened and ask if there is any way they can reopen the dispute, but there is no guarantee they will allow this to be reopened. 

Here is a PayPal link with calling details.

https://www.paypal.com/us/smarthelp/contact-us

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Dunndunn

Actually they sometimes DO allow you to appeal and they will open another dispute for you if you made a mistake and opened an unauthorised dispute by mistake.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.