Item not as described, doesnt work as they advertised it should, paypal rejected my claim

KSB3
New Community Member

Ordered an item, it doesnt work like they said it would. It was a stone stream shower head thingy, 

The item made the water colder so had to increase the hot water which dropped the pressure to get the same heat from a normal shower head. 

They said delivery would be 3-5 days, but the ship it from china which they dont tell you about and it took 2-3 weeks to arrive. they then want you to ship it back at your own expense to isreal which cost more than the item itself. I have opened a case with paypal but they have marked it as it was as described. but I have no way of appealing the case?

All the facts and were given to them in the case and even the seller saying they were going to do things like send out a replacement never happened. and it still got rejected.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@KSB3 

Item has to be 'significantly' other than as described for you to win, you ordered a shower head and received one and it worked, just not to the standard required.

So normally you could return it for a refund if you bought within the UK OR if the seller refused you could take them to the small claims court.

Unfortunately you bought from China which tends to sell cheap tat so the cost to return it is often more than the item is worth and that is only if you win a dispute first, sadly you didn't.

Your only option is if you funded your paypal payment via a credit card then maybe talk to your card issuer and see if they will chargeback for you?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.