Item Not Delivered - PayPal refusing to help.

Cej200
Contributor
Contributor
I recently ordered a package through EBay. The driver couldn’t find my house and delivered it (apparently) to a ‘neighbour’. I found the house on the tracking eventually (it was a few miles from mine) and they said they never signed for the package. I emailed the seller several time’s and they refused to help saying ‘sorry the package has been delivered to your neighbour’. I escalated the claim to PayPal and they have ruled in favour of the seller - they also aren’t reading what I’ve written and are just saying (basically) ‘sorry as the seller has provided tracking your case is rejected’. Evening though I never got the package, never said it could be delivered anywhere but my house. I’m finding this all really frustrating and don’t know whether I’m better referring to citizens advise. Has anyone had a similar experience who could help?
Login to Me Too
8 REPLIES 8

Ragnar_Lothbrok
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee
Good day @Cej200, it is my heavy heart knowing that you your case was closed in your seller's favor even though you did not receive your package. Don't worry, you can still file an appeal. If you still have that tracking number, please contact the shipping company to find the whereabouts of your parcel. If the ship to address is not yours, get it in writing from the shipping office and appeal your dispute along with this evidence. Otherwise, PayPal will still rule against you even though you did not receive your item since seller provided proof of delivery. It is not necessary for the documents to provide the actual delivery address, rather confirmation it was not delivered to your address as intended. ***If you see a helpful post, please accept it as a solution or give the author kudos. 🙂 Thanks!
Login to Me Too

Cej200
Contributor
Contributor
Tried that. Paypal have a copy of the tracking that shows it has gone to the wrong address but just keep replying saying “valid tracking has been provided so we are ruling in the sellers favour”. They either aren’t reading the tracking, don’t understand or are deliberately trying to be annoying. The buyer protection system isn’t worth a w@#k as far as I can tell.
Login to Me Too

WarrenPink
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hi @Cej200

Did you submit a document from the shipping company confirming that it was not shipped in your address? If yes, then this case should be reopened. If you did not yet submit it, that means that PayPal only has the tracking number that we initially have and validated by the shipping company. The tracking number that PayPal was confirmed initially by the shipping company and we will base our decision on the statement that will be provided by the shipping company. In order for us to refute the original decision, we would need a document from the shipping company that we can use to battle the initial documents provided by the shipping company. Hope this helps! 

Login to Me Too

Cej200
Contributor
Contributor
The tracking number provided by the merchant shows that the item was delivered to the wrong address! If PayPal would just read it they would see The delivery address isn’t mine. It says on their it was delivered to an alternative address! I have nothing else I can use but this couldn’t be any clearer. The evidence the seller is using proved it was delivered to the wrong address. I have no idea what else I am supposed to do. By PayPal’s logic someone could start selling things shipping them back to their own address and no one would be entitled to a refund when they don’t arrive because ‘valid tracking’ would have been provided. This is a complete con.
Login to Me Too

WarrenPink
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

@Cej200 

Please reach out to our Customer  Service on Facebook and Twitter.

You can send them a personal message from their facebook or twitter pages.
It's https://www.facebook.com/PayPal and @AskPayPal for Twitter.

Provide them the Case ID so they can review/reopen it for you.

Login to Me Too

Cej200
Contributor
Contributor
I don’t have Facebook. I’ve tried twitter already (several days ago) but didn’t get a reply.
Login to Me Too

Ragnar_Lothbrok
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hello @Cej200 

My apology if no one has ever reached out back to you via Twitter, either. Have you also tried to go to the message center and talk to a live chat agent? If yes, then please call PayPal Customer Service as soon as we are back in normal operation and kindly request a document (get in writing) from the shipping company to appeal your dispute along with this evidence. Otherwise, PayPal will still rule against you even though you did not receive your item since seller provided proof of delivery. Please be advised that we don't have a visibility to neither confirm nor deny if the parcel was delivered to the exact address. That is the main reason why we are asking you to contact the shipping company. Seller can't be responsible for the security of your premises. So we really need the documentation from the shipping company to win your case.

However in some cases, the shipping company will not tell you the exact address as where the parcel was delivered for security measures, and that is totally fine as it is not necessary for the documents to provide the actual delivery address, rather confirmation it was not delivered to your address as intended.

Thank you and keep safe.

Login to Me Too

Cej200
Contributor
Contributor
The tracking information provided by the seller and then provided again by me says “your parcel has been delivered to your neighbour at gate cottage” (I don’t even have a neighbour with a house called gate cottage). Surely that is proof enough that it hasn’t been delivered to me!! This is what I can’t understand. That is a statement From the shipping company confirming it hasn’t been delivered to me. What else do I need to get from the shipping company. Does no one understand what I am saying; the tracking Already provided by all parties shows that it has been delivered to the wrong address. This has become pointless I am just going to take it up with a small claims court.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.