Issues with payment sent to seller...Resolution Centre NOT helpful and closed the dispute

beckyG19
Contributor
Contributor

I paid for goods from someone via Facebook on Dec 30th 2019 and then never got any goods from them. So I raised a case as soon as I had worked out I had been scammed (well within the allowed time-frame given my PayPal), only to be told to wait for an outcome....I waited, submitted ALL relevant info for the dispute only for it to be closed and not resolved for me! How can I obtain my £ back as the seller is an obvious scam artist who never intended to send any goods!! Now it is too late to argue apparently! I'm fuming with paypal as I now no longer have the time to call Customer Services during my working day.

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@beckyG19 

It would help if you said how you paid ie which option did you choose to send the money AND which dispute you opened.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

beckyG19
Contributor
Contributor

From memory it was Goods & Services, via my VISA Debit Card. As it doesn't actually show which I choose I can't be 100% sure but I usually only do F&F if its actually F&F!

The only options I was offered when I tried to open the dispute was 'I want to report unauthorised activity' or 'I have a billing issue' . Which when asked for more information, I pointed this out and said it was goods I never received. They have still closed it in the sellers favour!

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@beckyG19 

If you ONLY had the options of an unauthorised dispute OR billing issue then you must have sent using the friends/family option OR you would have had the other options as well of non receipt or not as described.

So as you sent it using the friends/family option then sadly you negated any buyer protection that you had.

If you however funded it via a credit card then try them for a chargeback BUT they sometimes decline as well if it was a friends/family option and not a payment for goods.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.