Is there any chances to dispute a payment after confirmation?

weisheng99
Contributor
Contributor

Dear PayPal Community, recently I was trying to buy a computer software from a seller. The computer software require a product key to activate and use it. At initial, the seller wanted me to use F&F payment method but it is not supported in my country Malaysia. Then, the seller agreed to use G&S payment method but he want me to confirm and release the payment to him before he send me the product key. He said that this is to protect him from getting chargeback after he send me the product key through email. Therefore, I confirmed and released the payment to him before he send me the product key through email. After that, he ignored all my messages and went missing. So, I realized that I was scammed by him. Now, I wanted to ask the PayPal community, is there any chances to dispute the payment as I have already confirm and release the payment to him. Any experts here, please help me out. 

@kernowlass Please help me.

Thanks!

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

WarrenPink
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hello @weisheng99, I hope you're doing well!

I hate to break the bad news however once you confirm receipt, you already agreed that you received the item in a good condition therefore it waives the buyer protection. We can't guarantee anymore that we can help you get ypur money. However, you can still File a dispute on it. Here's how to file a dispute,make sure to file it as "Item Not received" dispute.I just want to set a proper expectation that there's a low chance of recovering the funds. If this will not work, one option you can do is if you paid it using your Credit Card, you may contact your card issuer to seek assistance. Hope this helps! Stay safe. 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.