Is paypal limiting accounts too easily?

johnnad
Contributor
Contributor

Today I created a new account. At first I had a test transaction with a friend of 0.10$ to check if I can send and receive money. I sent the money back. Then a friend sent me some money for a gift i had purchased for him. He sent it like I was a seller, payed fees, when I received it, the money got put on hold and I was asked how do I ship my goods/service. Since I don't sell, I just refunded the money back to him. He then sent it normally, like sending it to a friend. Right after, Paypal limited my account for unusual activity. Of course it's unusual, I created the account just TODAY. Then they asked for VERY specific info on these transactions where I wrote about the info above. I can't provide purchase receipt from my supplier cause I don't have a supplier. Isn't all these just too personal info to ask? Like if I had bought a **bleep** toy, now I'm obliged to say it to paypal? Now they're keeping my money and I can only refund it back to my friend, which I think I'll do. I'd rather him have than paypal. They are the thiefs. Sorry, my experience has been awful today and I've lost too much of my time dealing with their problems. I hope I won't lose the money of my friend too cause they seem to be doing whatever they want with no warnings. This is just to inform any future users just to be veeeery careful and try to find alternatives.

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

Geno7
New Community Member

In the last 24 hours, my PayPal account has been 'limited, due to activity that was out of the normal pattern.  They are insisting I send a copy of bank statements, photo ID and proof of my physical address to release my account.  When I have inquired what prompted this limiting of my account, all I get back (in foreign English) is a repeat of the things they must have.  This is pretty sensitive information.  

I have been a member of the PayPal community for 20 years and what little activity there has been on my account is hardly unusual. I've sold an old motorcycle part, bought a camera and bought a little bit of Litecoin.   I get no response from subsequent messages.  There is NO such thing as 'Customer Service' with this organization and no way to escalate this 

At one time, PayPal was a valuable tool for transactions.  No more.  

Login to Me Too

johnnad
Contributor
Contributor

This is true, their customer service never helps. They're only repeating fixed responses and never reply to your questions.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.