Is Scaner.com, Scaner.club a scammer?

findingzzero
Contributor
Contributor

3 mdays ago I made an unwise purchase. I did a search of the company before I ordered and came up with nothing so I proceeded to order ($68.15 to Scaner.co). The price for the item was about 1/3 that of other sellers. The co. then came up in a search, but as Scaner.club. There was one article that claimed this was a scam. They have accepted payment. Other than that article and the seriously low price, I have no evidence that it is a scam. What should Ido? Wait?

Login to Me Too
58 REPLIES 58

findingzzero
Contributor
Contributor

As the OP, I can conclude that indeed, Scaner is a scammer. They do respond to emails though. String along emails. When I checked the shipping/tracking info (for a DeWalt chainsaw), It said the package was delivered to my mailbox a week ago. Then I remember reading here about others receiving paper masks. Bingo! About a week ago I received some dust masks (China) in the mail and wondered wait..what? So then they can claim they shipped the item. 2 weeks ago I disputed the charges with my CC Co. They covered me for this and one other scam. I'm going after Google today and ask them why both scams appeared in their shopping search. Cheers, FZZ

Login to Me Too

muddie
New Community Member

Pretty sure we all got scammed. My husband ordered a DeWalt miter saw stand at an excellent price ($60.68). Got a notification of delivery and it was a little plastic envelope from China with 5 face masks in it!!! Tracking number is the same as listed in email ...putting in a complaint to PayPal right now.

Login to Me Too

lazydrone
Contributor
Contributor

It is most certainly a scam.  I unfortunately fell for it.  I ordered a product; same as you, it was heavily discounted, but I thought maybe it was similar to items you buy on alibaba.  When I got a tracking number and saw it was being shipped, I thought, maybe it's legit.  Nope.  Instead of receiving a Miter Saw Stand, I received 5 cheap surgical masks.  I just disputed through Paypal.  I'm sure if the seller even responds they'll try and claim that it was delivered...Although I suspect they won't respond and are long gone.

I'm confident I'll get my money back - but it is annoying.

Login to Me Too

William88688
Contributor
Contributor

This is a SCAM website, I order impact driver but they ship mask to me, it is ridiculous, I request Paypal to refund this money to me!

Never buy anything in unknown website, there are lots of scam in the world. 

Login to Me Too

modowd
Contributor
Contributor

These people are CRIMINALS. I wasted $60.00 on a table they advertised and instead they sent me three face masks from CHINA.

Login to Me Too

William88688
Contributor
Contributor
Did you report to PayPal, I search the delivery address is from Chengdu, the EMS post man phone number is +86 18080965536 zhu yong gang, also can report to police office with 911 or Chengdu police office. The shipping address is from Fujian Putian, phone number 18868886688 is fake number.
Login to Me Too

Shelly47
New Community Member
Same boat here. Has to be a scam. Ordered some Dewalt batteries and 2 Dewalt tools. Got the first package yesterday. It was face mask. I did not order face mask. And the tracking number is the exact tracking number they gave myself and PayPal. Smh. Almost $300.00 total.
Login to Me Too

william8888
Contributor
Contributor

Hello I sugget call police officer to report this issu[Removed. Phone #s not permitted]/p>

https://police.cityofomaha.org/request-a-police-report

the address is in omaha but the police said the address is fake.

lots of buyer scam, it is terrible, why there is no authority to block that???

Login to Me Too

Diane_5
Contributor
Contributor
Scaner.club is a scam. We ordered over $118 in tools & they sent face mask. They send something small to show tracking & that it was received. Total scam!
Login to Me Too

Jordan103
Contributor
Contributor
Has anyone received money back from PayPal after reporting it?
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.