Incorrect cheap fake item delivered Paypal sides with seller

Carron123
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, I recently added the following message to the board and somehow the message has went missing. Paypal (ivr) responded to the message by Email. However, I am unable to follow the instructions by (ivr) as I cant follow step 2: -

"2. Near the bottom of the page, under 'More about your account', click Resolve a problem in our Resolution Centre".

When I go to the resolution centre, the case is closed (see timeline below, closed as tracking was provided by seller). I want to change dispute to incorrect goods (Purchased stamps at a cost off £745.20, received a cheap / fake necklace). However, I am unable to respond or update or anything else, as the case is closed.

Was informed to contact Paypal customer service by a PayPal employee (WarrenPink) on this forum but over 20 calls later, after providing details over the phone I receive Customer service is closed due to the coronavirus, which makes sense but why is a payPal employee asking me to contact Customer services, when its closed.

Please help, below is the timeline of my issue: -

On the 1 March, I purchased some stamps to the value of £745.20 from the following a website.

Stamps were authorised by myself from my bank account, through PayPal.

The day after the purchase I received an Email from someone requesting that I pay for the stamps. I replied to the Email stating that the money was already released through PayPal.

After sending this reply, I received an automatic reply from the same Email address which was in Chinese, on using google translate, the Email stated that inbox was full and they could not read my reply.

I then undertook a google search of the Email address and found a website, stating this Email address was a PayPal scam.

I then contacted PayPal to raise a dispute, using “Not received items” and explained the above issues / actions.

PayPal responded stating, they were waiting on details from the seller and that the seller.

I attempted to contact the seller but failed to receive any replies.

A couple of days later, I received another Email request from seller to pay for the stamps, again I replied stating they were paid for and again received an automatic reply of Inbox full.

On the 9 March, Nine days after I purchased the stamps and seven days after a dispute was raised, PayPal received details that the items had been sent, with tracking information.

I then eventually received a package (not requiring a signature) and on opening the package, to my horror, was a cheap / fake necklace (see photographs).

I then attempted to contact PayPal to update the dispute but found PayPal difficult to deal with / update.

A PayPal employee (from the PayPal community site) stated to enter my case and hit respond to change details but there was no respond button to respond to.

Sometime after this, PayPal closed the case in the seller’s favour as they had provided tracking information.

I then attempted to re-open the case, as it was “Incorrect items sent” but the only option to re-open was “Unauthorised transaction”. However, in the details, I stated that my issue was now “Incorrect items”.

PayPal immediately closed this dispute, as it was “Authorised transaction”

I then reached out again to PayPal, with all the above information and received a reply to contact my bank.

This issue is causing sleepless nights and anxiety issues.

Hope that you can provide some guidance on the way forward with this dispute.

Note: What I find disgusting, is that the website, I purchased the stamps from is still up and running and using PayPal to extract payment.

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

Carron123
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, Still looking for some advice.

See timeline of my issue in previous message.

A Paypal employee (ivr) responded to the message by Email. However, I am unable to follow the instructions by (ivr) as I cant follow step 2: -

"2. Near the bottom of the page, under 'More about your account', click Resolve a problem in our Resolution Centre".

When I go to the resolution centre, the case is closed (see timeline below, closed as tracking was provided by seller). I want to change dispute to incorrect goods (Purchased stamps at a cost off £745.20, received a cheap / fake necklace). However, I am unable to respond or update or anything else, as the case is closed.

Was informed to contact Paypal customer service by a PayPal employee (WarrenPink) on this forum but over 20 calls later, after providing details over the phone I receive Customer service is closed due to the coronavirus, which makes sense but why is a payPal employee asking me to contact Customer services, when its closed.

Please help, see previous Email for the timeline of my issue.

Login to Me Too

Carron123
Contributor
Contributor
Hi, Still looking for some advice from a PayPal employee.

See timeline of my issue in previous message.

A Paypal employee (ivr) responded to the message by Email. However, I am unable to follow the instructions by (ivr) as I cant follow step 2: -

Please help, see previous Email for the timeline of my issue.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.