I know I have been set up by a seller !!

annsand
New Community Member

Hi , I need some help with a problem I have and I do not know what to do about it . Well here goes ( I was bidding on a few items at this sellers and it was about 45 minutes to the end of the bidding, I was overbid on 2 items so I put a bid on another item almost the same. Now I know you are not to put multiple bids on the same item but since it was 45 minuites to the end I knew no one could retract there bid if they were the winning bidder so I bid on a similar item  . I already knew the seller was shill bidding but it was too late for me to retract and get out of a bad situation so I hung in there to the end . I paid for the ring that I won and the other ring was shown as a lost item , then 5 minutes later the ring that I was overbid on just magickly appeared as a winner and now I had 2 rings almost the same . I know this is impossible no one can retract a bid in the last few minutes before a win but this is just what happened. I sent the seller a notice from eBay asking to cancel my bid not even 2 minutes after it appeared but the seller refused to accept this so I had no choice but to pay for the ring .  Now this seller is a unethical , crooked , scammer and should not even be on eBay but if I cause a lot of trouble about this seller has all of my money and they are low enough to not even ship what I bought but also send out a false tracker . So I have been scammed and I do not know what to do . I overpaid for what I won because the seller knew my top bids  . What can I do to get all of my money back from this crook and how do we get rid of people like him and there are more owners who shill bid then you would believe . This seller has me in a corner if I talk I could end up losing everything and if I do not talk they will keep doing this to everyone who comes to bid in there store . I checked to see if he had bad comments but there were only 5 people and that is what fooled me when I saw they had a 100% rating I should have checked how many people there were not just looking at the rating . So my friends how do we save others from falling into there trap ?? Any thoughts would be appreciated Thank you . 

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@annsand

Firstly no seller knows what your maximum bid is, they can keep pushing your bid upwards and hope they don't win the item themselves but they do not know what your high bid is.

Secondly don't bid early then you prevent this happening. I bid x1, in the last few seconds of the auction. That stops shill bidding OR other bidders pushing up my bid. If i win fine if not then i know I bid the max i was happy to pay for the item. If i am not going to be around then I use a bid placing site.

Thirdly why did you pay for the second ring?? Just don't pay, no one can force you to. If the seller files an unpaid item dispute then they get their fees back and you may get a non paying bidder strike but to be honest unless you get a load of them in a short period of time its meaningless ( Ebay don't want to put you off using their site ). Also sellers can't leave you negative feedback, only buyers can leave negs.

Fourthly if you paid and you have not received the item then click on the transactions and use the report a problem link...

If you want to use Ebay first then.....

https://pages.ebay.ca/sellerinformation/news/fallupdate2014/ebaymoneybackguarantee.html

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.