I Was Banned For Correctly Using The Consumer Protection Program?

ShaneD09
Contributor
Contributor

So I ordered two digital keys from the web store and neither of them worked when I tried to redeem them on Steam, so I started a dispute on each of the cases and won both, I was then banned a few days later or as paypal put it 'limited' I would understand this if I didn't include proof to my claims but I provided proof for each case, I sent two emails to the support and neither of them have been replied to, I don't know what to do as I still have money in my balance and I also don't want to have to get new cards and accounts for a new paypal

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@ShaneD09 

Firstly if they said it was a permanent ban then you are not allowed to open another paypal account, if you do they will ban that one as well.

Secondly you normally get an email telling you that you can withdraw those funds 180 days post limitation ....paypal hold the funds till then in case you have any disputes raised against you.

Lastly give them a call and see if you can resolve any issues to regain your account..............

Click on the words "Help / Contact" at the bottom of paypals pages and use the phone option in the blue band at the top OR very bottom of page dependent on what country you are in. Scroll down past the list of help questions and click on 'Call us' bottom of that page. Log in and get the code.

OR
have you considered contacting Customer Service via Facebook or Twitter?
You can send them a personal message from their facebook or twitter pages.
It's: https://www.facebook.com/PayPalUK and @AskPayPal for Twitter.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

ShaneD09
Contributor
Contributor
Thank you for your advice, I will call them tomorrow.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.