How to contact someone in Paypal to discuss a fraud from a vendor

Marco6208
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

I have already an open case in the resolution center and we are at the point where my only options are to ship the product back (at my expense) to get a refund from the vendor,   or cancel the case. There is no option to reject the offer!  I need to talk to someone in Paypal since the automated system has no options, no emails to write to, no alternative course of action.

The goods that I got from the vendor were GROSSLY different from the advertised item. An evident FRAUD. Shipping it back to CHINA with a tracking number is more expensive than the amount I am claiming...AND THE VENDOR KNOWS THAT.  So they are counting on me cancelling the case, and they keeping the money.

What is very surprising is that Paypal is not defending my interests in this. I cannot believe there is no option to reject the offer.  It may be a small amount ($31 dollars)  but that is not the point. This type of activity should be investigated and stopped. The unethical vendors should not continue to get away with stealing money.

So who can I talk to in Paypal about this?

Thanks.

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Marco6208 

In the event of a dispute you choose your seller and not Paypal so you need to bear in mind possible return trackable costs before you go ahead and buy from that seller / country.

Paypal state this >>
IMPORTANT: You may be required to return the item to the seller or other party we specify as part of the settlement of your claim. PayPal Buyer Protection does not entitle you to reimbursement for the return shipping costs that you may incur.

Although they will compensate you for some of the cost if you have activated this at some point before you made that transaction.
https://www.paypal.com/us/smarthelp/article/FAQ3544

You also have the option to do a chargeback via your card issuer instead of a Paypal dispute if you funded your Paypal payment via a credit card.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Marco6208
Contributor
Contributor
I thank you for your reply @kenowlass If what you say is true then the vendor is not accountable at all for having advertised a complete lie. It means they get to keep my money, they were successful in their fraud, they will keep doing it, and nobody can do anything about it. PayPal's "protection" is in question. Sending the product back to China at a cost of over $50 to get refunded for $31 is just not an option. So in essence, I lost, the fraudulent vendor wins. How was I supposed to know that the product they would send me would have absolutely no resemblance to what I ordered? How should I know if the vendor is dishonest? Should I consider all Chinese vendors cheaters and stop buying from them? (By the way, the advertising said the product would ship from the USA, and the name of the company was in English, not in Chinese. All part of the fraud, obviously. So no way of knowing the company was really Chinese.) I may have been naive, but I was expecting a stronger defense from PayPal.
Login to Me Too

Bold-Chestnut
Contributor
Contributor
What is the name and of the company and what did you ordered? Is the name when you ordered different from the name show in the dispute? There is a topic about it in the community of 46 pages. They are doing a class Law suit against PayPal. Here is the link: https://www.paypal-community.com/t5/Disputes-and-Limitations/JINZHOU-NETWORK-TECHNOLOGY-CO-LIMITED-P... It sounds like you were cheated by the same head company. It's a fake one, a scam. Hundreds have been scammed It run since April last year!! Tell me if the name is kagolyn, or gadget, or jinzu, or Sdr something. Make a search online and on YouTube to see if it's already been reported. When you open a topic put the name of the company. This is a forum about dispute, so writing dispute as title don't get you anyone to look at. Maybe 29 people have the same problem as you but how can they see it if you don't make your topic visible with a more saying title. Put the name of the company and what item you ordered. Put the word scam too. That will give you more visibility. If it was you looking at a topic, what will you chose to look at? At what concerns you and ressemble your own situation. Have that in mind when opening a topic.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.