How do you get PayPal to read the information in a dispute case?

DS1900
Contributor
Contributor

I have a case that I have to keep phoning PayPal to re-open because they are not reviewing the information within the case, how do you get them to do their jobs properly? 

I have a dispute about returning an item, I have uploaded multiple times my objections and given detailed information each time, however the case is not reviewed it is just closed stating I have not provided any tracking information. When I speak to PayPal they the support staff are in agreement with me that the case should be reviewed properly and re-open the case, but within 12 hours it is closed again with the message no tracking information provided. 

This is insane how can they have a dispute system that doesn't actually let you dispute anything, has anyone got any advice (apart from providing the tracking information) on how to get PayPal to actually look at a case properly and reading the evidence provided.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@DS1900 

In the event of a dispute you need to bear in mind possible return trackable costs before you buy from that seller / item / country because....

Paypal state this >>
PayPal is not obliged to reimburse you for any costs that you incur to comply with any of PayPal’s requests for cooperation for the purpose of resolving the problem (including, without limitation, costs that you incur to return a SNAD item to the Payment Recipient or another party as PayPal requests), although sometimes it may reimburse these costs.

Although they will compensate you for some of the cost if you have activated this at some point before you made that transaction.
https://www.paypal.com/uk/webapps/mpp/refunded-returns

You also have the option to do a chargeback via your card issuer instead of a Paypal dispute if you funded your Paypal payment via a credit card.

Personally if you are worried about returning them then your chargeback option is your best bet. 

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.