How do I defend myself against scammers?

Gspr
New Community Member

Hello there,
Since I first started using PayPal I always had some concerns about me selling/offering services to other fellow individuals whether that being me selling an item in a game for real life money (via PayPal) or using my skills on certain games to boost others to a higher rank/elo (i.e League of Legends account boosting). Once I had something quite odd happen to me; after completing a deal with someone (I gave them an item in-game and they paid me via PayPal) that someone after some weeks had passed, chargedback on the amount he paid me claiming that it was an "Unauthorized transaction", when it clearly was not one. 
I would like to ask you, dear community, about the steps I should take in order to not have something similar happen to me again.
Thanks,
Gaspar

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Gspr 

Sadly there is no paypal seller protection for virtual / digital items, you can sell them but at your own risk.

Very risky field to accept paypal with to be honest.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Gspr 

Sadly there is no paypal seller protection for virtual / digital items, you can sell them but at your own risk.

Very risky field to accept paypal with to be honest.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.