How PayPal can stop all these scammers AKA "We love every passion and interest"

JayBirdUK
Contributor
Contributor

Sadly like many here I have fallen prey to these scammers. Luckily less than £10 but it is the principle that stings especially when facing PayPal's automatic resolution policy that leaves no room for debate once that so called "tracking/delivery" has been provided by the seller. 

So I have done some research and have one single step I believe PayPal can implement very easily to significantly reduce the amount of these scam companies they are allowing to use their site. 

On the Scam website there is a very good chance there is an "About Us" page. It will contain the phrase "we love every passion and interest". If you google that phrase it returns about 223,000 results. For future reference if you are thinking of making a "good deal" purchase check the website for that phrase. If you find it ? BUYER BEWARE

Or try the phrase "To help you Express Yourself. To support you at" followed by the domain name. If you google that phrase it returns about 723,000 results.

Go have a go yourself and pick a few of the sites at random.
Notice a theme ?
Spot how many of the sites returned by google now no longer exist ?

I am also sure there must be something in their algorithms that can be done if a site is a few months old and processing hundreds or thousands of PayPal transactions with a lot of those said transactions resulting in complaints and disputes ? 

I don't know if anyone from PayPal monitors these boards but you only have to look at the first few pages of this subject to see just how big a problem this has become. 

Come on PayPal ... pay attention to just how bad your reputation is becoming because of this

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.