Hotrait and PayPal How can I return incorrect item deliver?

Tran9
Contributor
Contributor

1] Item was sent from Guangdong Sheng in China as shown below map.

2] Seller request to return to New Territories in Hong Kong as shown below map.

3] PayPal request to return to 2 different addresses in Guangdong Sheng in China as shown below map.

How can I return 2 items to 3 different addresses?

Has PayPal lost their COMMON SENSE or been running by Scammers?

HotraitMap2.jpg

Login to Me Too
10 REPLIES 10

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Tran9

For buyer protection you are supposed to return items to the address that Paypal supplies you with.

Why not give them a call to double check?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Tran9
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks kernowlass and why should I pay $40AUD return shipment to unknown addresses when it’s not my fault for sending the incorrect items to me on the first place?

Visit this link here for more information of the same problem at https://www.paypal-community.com/t5/Disputes-and-Limitations/Hotrait-Should-I-return-incorrect-item-...

What make you think that I will get my $183.56AUD refund if I return these 2 cheap items to unknown address that will cost me $40AUD in postage?

Obviously there is no commonsense people working for PayPal or PayPal is working for the scammers?

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Tran9

You asked which address you should return them to, I told you.

If you have WON a Paypal dispute and Paypal has given you an address to return the items to then if the seller does not refund you and you have done all that Paypal have told you to do then Paypal will refund you under their buyer protection policy.

However as for whether you should return it that is another matter..........

Your best bet is to read up on paypal buyer protection before you start buying so you know what is and what is not offered.

Buyer protection is NOT a 100% coverall and you should be risk assessing your own transactions.

In the event of a dispute you nearly always have to return the item back to the seller so you bear in mind possible return trackable costs before you buy from that seller / item / country.

Paypal state this >>
PayPal is not obliged to reimburse you for any costs that you incur to comply with any of PayPal’s requests for cooperation for the purpose of resolving the problem (including, without limitation, costs that you incur to return a SNAD item to the Payment Recipient or another party as PayPal requests), although sometimes it may reimburse these costs.

Although they will compensate you for some of the cost if you have activated this at some point before you made that transaction IF A SIMILAR ONE IS AVAILABLE IN YOUR COUNTRY  .....

https://www.paypal.com/us/selfhelp/article/what-is-return-shipping-on-us-and-how-do-i-activate-it-fa...

You also have the option to do a chargeback via your card issuer instead of a Paypal dispute if you funded your Paypal payment via a credit card.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

jmosley
New Community Member

I also had an item that was obviously operated by scammers, they ripped me off and many others, and through the dispute, they wanted me to send it to the same address as other people, "6F building4 Hao'er Jiarentai Industrial park, 164 Fengtang Rd, Yongfu Street, Bao'an District, Shenzhen, GUANGDONG Province 518000 China" And all throughout they kept giving me different addresses that are not even a real place. Why does paypal allow this and then to request us to send the item to some random address, does not make sense. They aren't even looking into the scam!

Login to Me Too

jescribi
New Community Member

I just got scammed by the same people! And the return price was higher than the product as well... But oh boy, they didn't know that I work in digital marketing. I'm going to hunt them down for all of us! 

Login to Me Too

Almurrie2
Contributor
Contributor

There are literally hundreds of these bait and switch sites now using PayPal to rip people off. If PayPal does nothing about it, then they are complicit in this fraud. Giving  false addresses supplied by the ripoff merchant to return items to, is a PayPal problem, and I am beginning to think PayPal may be involved in bribery if they ignore this. 

Login to Me Too

cthemrun
Contributor
Contributor

i use to think paypal was good. never before has a problem like this on a refund. then after i looked up the address they want me to send it to. i find out 27 other people got scammed from the same company and pay pal is part of it, first offering you 1/2 price back to you. than when you say explain why when the item ordered was not delivered correctly they say send back the item and when the seller receives his product will you receive your money back but address is not real,  looks like paypal gets the kick back frauding people out of there money. knowing to send back the item will be even more expensive that what the stole from you. i will be looking into this much more now that i saw those other complaints and paypal did nothing

Login to Me Too

zeuq77065

Agree - I wanted to stop payment the day I submitted my order b/c I found out the seller was a fraud. Paypal waited 2 weeks for the seller to provide shipping information instead of stopping payment immediately. Now I have some crap item, and it would cost me more to ship back and possibly NOT receive a refund. 

Paypal does not protect consumers. They should cut off all ties with known fraudulent sellers. 

Login to Me Too

Almurrie2
Contributor
Contributor

PayPal entered into a partnership with Chinese search leader Baidu, Inc. (NASDAQ:BIDU). This strategic alliance allowed 100 million Baidu Wallet users to link their accounts to PayPal, letting them pay for goods purchased outside China, giving them access to the 17 million merchants that accept PayPal.Mar 26, 2018

So PayPal is a defacto tool of China now.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.