Honest Crate Issues??

ITisHANDFUL
Contributor
Contributor

Anyone have issues ordering from Honest Crate?  I found this post from someone that posted about them on a Scam Abuse site...  I personally am out $200 dollars for something I ordered 3/15 and still haven't rec'd.

File a complaint
<removed>

Victim Location 01845
Total money lost $158
Type of a scam Online Purchase

This past Saturday I was on Facebook. Ads sponsored by Facebook for many companies selling N 95 masks appeared. I clicked on these ads and ended up making purchases from two different companies. They had Facebook pages which looked very legitimate, websites similar, phone numbers, addresses, etc. Everything seemed very legitimate. After confirming what I thought was their legitimacy, I make two purchases. The first purchase I made from was  famous  marketshop.com. I purchased Two "Breathable Brand New Advanced Masks Protector N 95" as well as a 10 piece filter and pat set. This order totaled $68.85 After this purchase I made another purchase two more masks totaling $46.42. After I made these purchases I received a text message confirming my order with a link to the website to monitor the order. It all seemed legitimate. Their number(s)  [Removed. Phone #s not permitted]an[Removed. Phone #s not permitted] Both numbers are not real. They also have a number on their website which i[Removed. Phone #s not permitted]which is also a fake number not in service. Their email is <removed>. They do not respond to any emails to this address when you demand a refund. The have 3 fake Facebook pages:

<removed>

<removed>

<removed>

I was scammed for a total of $111.27. I shortly after visited another Facebook ad from a company called Honest Crate aka Honest Crates. Their website is  honest crate.com /  honest crates.com. I purchased 3 "Natural shield" N 95 masks. They texted me confirmation from the fake number [Removed. Phone #s not permitted] This company did send me emails from <removed> claiming they were sending me my products. I exchanged emails with the name "Allison" who assured me my products were being processed and I needed to be patient. They even sent me a email with tracking information which led to a strange website m.17track.net, which appears to want to download some type of app onto my phone. The website with their licensing is"  about.17 track .net/en/licensing. This says that the Peoples Republic of China controls this website. This is clearly Chinese intellectual espionage. I personally believe both websites are run by the same fraudulent company in the People's Republic of China as the websites are very similar in design. Both of these websites are accepting payments from major credit cards (Discover, Master card, Visa, American Express) and even Paypal. They claim "as seen on Fox News, CNN, ABC" clearly lying. This fake company has 3 Facebook pages:

<removed>

<removed>

<removed>

<removed>

This company uses the two fake addresses of <removed> as well as <removed> I have reported all six pages to Facebook several times and made posts on the pages alerting other consumers. I hope someone at the FTC will shut down these websites and find out from where these people are operating and not allow them to scam and steal from anymore American consumers. I can be reached at the contact information I provided. I have further information and screenshots about these fake companies operating online and possibly in America. PLEASE ACT AS SOON AS YOU CAN. THIS IS SERIOUS. China is using the National Emergency to steal and cheat American consumers. Please take action.

Login to Me Too
16 REPLIES 16

Rick7771
Contributor
Contributor

I bought pants from this company using their size guide! The pants that arrived were about 4-5 inches to small at the waist. "HONEST CRATE" said to bad no exchang or refunds!!!!! PayPal is assisting me to get a refund. Thank you PayPal 

Login to Me Too

74Stu
Contributor
Contributor
I had the same problem with trousers 6 inches narrower in the waist than advertised. The only way of getting a refund was for me to incur the cost of the return. This was more than the total price that I paid. The problem was of their making, and from looking at the Facebook reviews, it was something that they were continually doing. They know that customers will not incur this extra cost. PayPal offered to contribute £15 towards the postage but it would hardly leave me with anything even if the company did refund the price of the trousers. Better to try and sell them on here to get a bit more back. They cynically scam customers and I am surprised that PayPal allow them to use their facilities to continue their criminal activities. Equally, Facebook should take action against them.
Login to Me Too

Rick7771
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, I'm still holding out hope that PayPal will do something. It not only costs us money but PayPal as well has to spend money trying to resolve these constant issue's! The more publicity we get the better. I have left review's on every advertisement I see so other people are aware of "HONEST CRATES" dealings. Keep up the good fight!

Login to Me Too

ITisHANDFUL
Contributor
Contributor

Rick that's why I filled out the review in the first place.  Also did it on **bleep** Consumer website and FB before I deleted that.  Trying to let people know.  So much junk coming from overseas especially China.  UGH  I'm buying USA and local.

Login to Me Too

ITisHANDFUL
Contributor
Contributor

I'm honestly surprised they are still allowing them to use PayPal as a payment service.  I never rec'd my package and I got my money back in the knick of time.  I filed a complaint and the person who was supposed to be sending didn't do what he was supposed to do I guess because I did get my money back.  It took a little bit but it was worth the hassle.  I don't use paypal in that respect anymore because of this experience!  I use it to send money or receive or to pay for stuff with my credit cards.  That experience left a bad taste in my mouth that still hasn't gone away.  Good luck to you 74Stu

Login to Me Too

Rick7771
Contributor
Contributor

Good job for keeping them "HONEST". I to am surprised PayPal is allowing them access to their service! The more negative publicity they get the sooner they will get the boot! Keep up the good fight!

Login to Me Too

Rick7771
Contributor
Contributor

I phoned PayPal and got almost immediate action. They returned my money right away. Their resolution center didn't work but calling them did! Rick

Login to Me Too

Bairns1876
Contributor
Contributor
I have had a similar experience with honest crate. I bought trousers that are 5 inches shorter than advertised. A real pity as they seem decent quality. I have sent them photos as requested by them, to show faulty goods. I have been told that other trousers will be sent out but am pretty sure that this will not happen. 2 weeks have passed and I am out of pocket with useless goods. Awaiting paypal dealing with this issue. I have also asked honest crate for contact details of their C.E.O. Surprise surprise no details have been given. I bought these trousers through an Instagram advert. Can anyone advise the best way of leaving negative feedback for these people?
Login to Me Too

Rick7771
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Bairns1876, I also have the same problem with "HONEST CRATE". I tried PayPal resolution center with no luck, so I decided to phone them. The person I spoke to on the phone almost immediately refunded my money. H.C. wanted me to spend more money to return the pants but I refused and said it was their fault not mine and they should pay to return them. They refused and said they sent the right size. I am not done with this issue and am pursuing PayPal to investigate them. I told them that alot of people are having trouble with H.C. Keep up the good fight to keep these bad companies, good!    Thanks Rick

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.