Honest Crate Issues??

ITisHANDFUL
Contributor
Contributor

Anyone have issues ordering from Honest Crate?  I found this post from someone that posted about them on a Scam Abuse site...  I personally am out $200 dollars for something I ordered 3/15 and still haven't rec'd.

File a complaint
<removed>

Victim Location 01845
Total money lost $158
Type of a scam Online Purchase

This past Saturday I was on Facebook. Ads sponsored by Facebook for many companies selling N 95 masks appeared. I clicked on these ads and ended up making purchases from two different companies. They had Facebook pages which looked very legitimate, websites similar, phone numbers, addresses, etc. Everything seemed very legitimate. After confirming what I thought was their legitimacy, I make two purchases. The first purchase I made from was  famous  marketshop.com. I purchased Two "Breathable Brand New Advanced Masks Protector N 95" as well as a 10 piece filter and pat set. This order totaled $68.85 After this purchase I made another purchase two more masks totaling $46.42. After I made these purchases I received a text message confirming my order with a link to the website to monitor the order. It all seemed legitimate. Their number(s)  [Removed. Phone #s not permitted]an[Removed. Phone #s not permitted] Both numbers are not real. They also have a number on their website which i[Removed. Phone #s not permitted]which is also a fake number not in service. Their email is <removed>. They do not respond to any emails to this address when you demand a refund. The have 3 fake Facebook pages:

<removed>

<removed>

<removed>

I was scammed for a total of $111.27. I shortly after visited another Facebook ad from a company called Honest Crate aka Honest Crates. Their website is  honest crate.com /  honest crates.com. I purchased 3 "Natural shield" N 95 masks. They texted me confirmation from the fake number [Removed. Phone #s not permitted] This company did send me emails from <removed> claiming they were sending me my products. I exchanged emails with the name "Allison" who assured me my products were being processed and I needed to be patient. They even sent me a email with tracking information which led to a strange website m.17track.net, which appears to want to download some type of app onto my phone. The website with their licensing is"  about.17 track .net/en/licensing. This says that the Peoples Republic of China controls this website. This is clearly Chinese intellectual espionage. I personally believe both websites are run by the same fraudulent company in the People's Republic of China as the websites are very similar in design. Both of these websites are accepting payments from major credit cards (Discover, Master card, Visa, American Express) and even Paypal. They claim "as seen on Fox News, CNN, ABC" clearly lying. This fake company has 3 Facebook pages:

<removed>

<removed>

<removed>

<removed>

This company uses the two fake addresses of <removed> as well as <removed> I have reported all six pages to Facebook several times and made posts on the pages alerting other consumers. I hope someone at the FTC will shut down these websites and find out from where these people are operating and not allow them to scam and steal from anymore American consumers. I can be reached at the contact information I provided. I have further information and screenshots about these fake companies operating online and possibly in America. PLEASE ACT AS SOON AS YOU CAN. THIS IS SERIOUS. China is using the National Emergency to steal and cheat American consumers. Please take action.

Login to Me Too
16 REPLIES 16

ITisHANDFUL
Contributor
Contributor

I would say as far as "Honest" Crate goes... don't bother!!!!  It's a joke with addresses that aren't correct and if you want to call?  China! and try to talk to them. HA HA HA...  It's a scam and you think paypal would be tired of paying people back for "JUNK" they are or aren't receiving!!!  The best thing is to warn your family and friends about them.  I don't order online like I used to.  Closed all social media accounts and mostly buy local now.

Good luck to you,

DCR

Login to Me Too

Rick7771
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, After phoning PayPal they gave my money back and said they would look into this companies behavior. I will try to hold them to their word. I post remarks every time I see their add. Keep up the fight Rick

Login to Me Too

Bairns1876
Contributor
Contributor
Thanks for the reply. Shocking that companies like this are still able to operate
Login to Me Too

dinghymadC
Contributor
Contributor
Hi. I've just rung PayPal after days off being fobbed off by resolution centre and just kept escalating people. Told them they had tons of messages in their forum and that they obviously knew they had problems. As soon as I said this they refunded full amount. You just have to keep ringing and pestering. Thanks PayPal for getting money back but what an effort!
Login to Me Too

Bairns1876
Contributor
Contributor
Thanks for reply. I'm very surprised and disappointed that paypal want me to send item back to China and give them a tracking number before they reimburse me. Although Im trying to be impartial, I'm struggling with paypal tbh. Sending item back is not the issue, its the hassle thats involved. The fact that they are still letting this company use them as a payment method is unbelievable. I'm in 2 minds whether to take the hit for the €31 and cancel my paypal out of principle
Login to Me Too

Rick7771
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, Don't give up! PayPal resolution center is a joke! I'm sure our comments don't get read other wise our issue's would get resolved. A few of us have phoned PayPal and have gotten immediate results. Money refunded right away! Give that a try. PayPal also said they would investigate the issue. I will hold them to it! Keep up the good fight. Rick

Login to Me Too

Rick7771
Contributor
Contributor

Phoning PayPal seems like the only way to get our money back! Now we need to hold PayPal accountable for allowing scam companies to use their service with our money!! I will follow up with PayPal to see what they are going to do about this scam company! I also urge all other PayPal members to do the same.  Keep up the good fight!   Rick

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.