Help from a Canadian with a Paypal account and a Canadian bank account: reward given!

Temp20220202j
Contributor
Contributor

Dear all,

I'm desperate and looking for help!

I do have this problem: 2 years ago I was in Canada as a tourist (I'm an Italian citizen) and I open a PayPal account to split expenses etc. with the people there travelling with me. I advanced some expenses that then others reimbursed me on PayPal. Unfortunately, after some time I found my account limited. Now 180 days have passed but I still can't transfer the money in my PayPal account as it can only be done by linking a credit card or a Canadian bank account. given that I'm Italian it is not possible for me to open a Canadian bank account and my EU bank account is not eligible for transfer my balance.

I've already wrote several times to PayPal and also call them. They told me the balance will remain on hold on my canadian PayPal account and that the only possibility is to link a canadian bank account. Since for me this is impossible I kindly ask the community if anyone wants to help me with transferring the money by linking their account and then transferring it to my European PayPal. I obviously foresee a reward for anyone who will help me. The money in the account is not much (a few hundred dollars) but important to me. PLEASE HELP ME!

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Temp20220202j 

You don't need to pay for advice on this forum but have you considered opening an Italian paypal account and requesting that customer services 'send'  the funds in your Canadian paypal account to that account for you using the friends/family option?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.