Has anyone been the victim of fraud from www.hototin.com?

StevenBK410
Contributor
Contributor

I ordered a 7.1 cu ft refrigerator from this site from a ad link from my Yahoo search. Tracking information was added to PayPal and says delivered "at/in mailbox" by USPS! A refrigerator delivered in the mailbox or left at the mailbox, but the USPS who has a 70 lb. weight limit for packages. FRAUD RED FLAG!!! Reported it to PayPal they denied my claim simply because there is a tracking number that says delivered. I didn't even receive so much as an empty envelope with this tracking number on it. Has anyone else had a similar experience with this company/website? 

Login to Me Too
26 REPLIES 26

disgusted2max
Contributor
Contributor

We will soon find out.   I disputed a transaction with them because they never shipped my item I ordered.   As soon as I filed a dispute, they said item has been shipped.    I don't believe that this place is a legit business.   When I tried to call them at the number they provided, it wasn't working.   

Did you ever win the case against them?   

Login to Me Too

Perry_deF
Contributor
Contributor
I just won a case. They took the money, when disputed they gave paypal a UPS tracking number going to my city, but was not to me. On "arrival" day UPS says it delivered, bit I never saw it. UPS said the package was not for me, and they could not tell me anything else.
Login to Me Too

disgusted2max
Contributor
Contributor
That’s good to know you won the case! I filed a claim last night, and after PayPal notified the seller, a tracking number was provided. According to the first 4 numbers on the tracking number, it’s a parcel select through USPS. The item I got is too big to be considered for parcel. What I find funny, the tracking number says it’s being mailed from Georgia...the company is supposedly in New Hampshire, the phone number that I called and says it’s not a working number is based in Cleveland, Ohio! And my PayPal transaction doesn’t have the name of the company on it, but an individual name! I sure hope I can win my case if the correct item isn’t sent.
Login to Me Too

Ray1604
New Community Member
Mannn same thing happened to me ,my package was shipped to another address never received my package I disputed it now it’s a reship I doubt it if I will receive my paid package .boooooo
Login to Me Too

Doggnutz
Contributor
Contributor
You won't get it.
Login to Me Too

Carlaaa14
Contributor
Contributor
So has anyone been actually able to get PayPal to give a refund back for any Hototin purchases ? I was given a UPS tracking number that Actually belong to someone else, different name and address. I am so frustrated with this PayPal has not been no help, telling me to contact them for a refund. As if I can.
Login to Me Too

StevenBK410
Contributor
Contributor

I received a full refund. But I had to call and speak to a live person at PayPal. I believe Hototin.com has PayPal accounts in many different individual people’s names, making it difficult for PayPal to identify and block them. The name on my purchase was “Blake <removed>.” Do not rely on the online case resolution. They initially closed my case in favor of these frauds. But once I called an explained the details, for instance something the size and weight of the item I ordered couldn’t even be shipped via USPS. Agent also research tracking number to find it wasn’t even for my address, only that it was in the same city. I immediately received a full refund. I’m glad people are seeing my original post and exposing this fraud.

Login to Me Too

Jdrider
Contributor
Contributor

Yes but I also had screen shot the original photo and receipt (just in case I needed it) I notified PayPal right away thinking it was a scam after the invoice showed Chinese seller and description not in English. I ordered from US looking site. Again I had to wait for the item to ship as seller had provided PayPal with tracking number. This took almost 8 weeks from start to finish. I ordered a photo scanner and got a pair of socks.

This is happening a lot as I am a postal worker and many are coming in saying same thing is happening to them. If you have a tracking number through the post office they may be able to see if there is a visual picture taken in the tracking system that showed actual size of package and contents. 

Login to Me Too

Carlaaa14
Contributor
Contributor
No photo but the package was 1 pound, so it probably wasn’t a sewer cable. After going back and forth a million times PayPal gave a refund. I will definitely be researching before I order from an unknown site for now on. Hototin has changed their name to something else but it’s still the same thing.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.