Has anyone been the victim of fraud from www.hototin.com?

StevenBK410
Contributor
Contributor

I ordered a 7.1 cu ft refrigerator from this site from a ad link from my Yahoo search. Tracking information was added to PayPal and says delivered "at/in mailbox" by USPS! A refrigerator delivered in the mailbox or left at the mailbox, but the USPS who has a 70 lb. weight limit for packages. FRAUD RED FLAG!!! Reported it to PayPal they denied my claim simply because there is a tracking number that says delivered. I didn't even receive so much as an empty envelope with this tracking number on it. Has anyone else had a similar experience with this company/website? 

Login to Me Too
26 REPLIES 26

izzat1
Contributor
Contributor

Same happens to me. They send me a tracking number but the items was not delivered. I filed a claim with UPS. UPS send me a letter indicating where the the item was shipped. It turned out to be a different address in the same city. It looks like fraud to me. Waiting for paypal to process my claim.

Login to Me Too

KayJayyy
Contributor
Contributor

I just had a claim denied by PayPal for a purchase from this company.  Once I disputed, the company provided a tracking number and claimed the item was delivered and received by my doorman..................though I do not live in a residence that even has a doorman.  Supposedly shipped from IL, though the company claims to be in NH. Seller not responsive to any of my emails.  DEFINITELY a scam!!

Login to Me Too

Doggnutz
Contributor
Contributor
Easy Fix...
Login to Me Too

StevenBK410
Contributor
Contributor
After finally getting in touch with a live PayPal agent, she re-opened my case and followed up on the USPS tracking number directly. I can only assume that it was not to my address because within minutes I received a full credit back to my account. Hopefully PayPal will take notice and suspend the account(s) associated with this company. I am sure that they have multiple accounts in individual names, not in the website name. I also reported the fraud to Yahoo as it was an advertisement link from their Shopping section that brought me to the site.
Login to Me Too

Zeppis
Contributor
Contributor

I am in the process right now and they submited a tracking number for USPS and it shows delivered on March 1st at 5:16PM on March 1st but not to me. I will find out soon on what Paypal will do. That being said I am upset with Paypal because they still allow Hototin.com to use Paypal. If I am not satisified with Paypal I am going to cancel my Paypal account and use my Credit Cards instead. I also contacted USPS. 

Login to Me Too

StevenBK410
Contributor
Contributor
Once I was able to speak to a live agent at PayPal I was able to get a full refund. It is my believe is that these people are using many individual names and not the hototin.com name in regards to PayPal accounts, making it nearly impossible for PayPal to keep track of them. But we as a community can make sure people know that their site is a scam.
Login to Me Too

AnnG5
Contributor
Contributor

YES, I was scammed.  I bought a chicken egg incubator and received a piece of T-shirt material.  How were you able to get your money back?  I spoke to a 

paypal agent and was told I would receive my money back in 10 days.  Now, I am informed that if I want a full refund I have to ship back the item I received, (a torn piece of t-shirt)  to an address in China!  The return address on my package was a PO box number in Rosemead, CA.  Any advice you could give would be appreciated.

Thank you!

Login to Me Too

disgusted2max
Contributor
Contributor
Call and talk to a PayPal representative in person.
Login to Me Too

Carlaaa14
Contributor
Contributor
What happened with your claim?
Login to Me Too

Zeppis
Contributor
Contributor

I got Scammed but I got a refund I am surprized Paypal still allows Hototin to still use Paypal. 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.